1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 5 reboots after powering off

Hi,

I got my Nexus 5 a week ago, and I have to say I really love it. But, I have a small issue when I boot off my phone: In +-25% of the cases when I boot it off, the phone automatically boots up again. Whenever this happens, the screen goes black but the backlight of the screen doesn't dim.

I have no idea what causes it to happen... Anyone knows how to fix this? The phone is rooted by the way.

Kind regards,
    TheEijk

Posted via Android Central App
    Device: Nexus 5 White 16gb
    Kernel: Franco Nightly r35
    Twitter: @TheEijk

Default Re: Nexus 5 reboots after powering off

I do not understand. When you try to turn off the phone it restarts instead in 25% of the cases?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

When I power off the phone, in 25% of the cases it reboots itself again. I'm not exactly sure how to say it (English isn't my native language).

What I'm trying to say: Sometimes it reboots itself again, sometimes it just boots off.

Global Posts
    549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Does it actually reboot (back to lockscreen, past the google boot animation)? Or does it just stay on the power off state, but with backlight not turning off?
    Apart from regular apps you have downloaded from the app store, did you make any changes to the phone? installed XPosed or other root apps or mods or uninstalled system apps?

This has happened to me at least once in the week I've owned the phone. I selected shut down and instead it rebooted.

I have had mine for over 3 months and it actually happened to me for the first time last night. I can only guess that Android determined there was some kind of improper shutdown and rebooted. It shut down fine afterwards.
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by jj14x View Post
    Does it actually reboot (back to lockscreen, past the google boot animation)? Or does it just stay on the power off state, but with backlight not turning off?
    Apart from regular apps you have downloaded from the app store, did you make any changes to the phone? installed XPosed or other root apps or mods or uninstalled system apps?
    It's just a regular boot, exactly the same as when I simply boot up the phone. I haven't installed Xposed, nor did I touch system files. I rooted the phone to install apps like Titanium Backup/Greenify.

Quote Originally Posted by patruns View Post
    I have had mine for over 3 months and it actually happened to me for the first time last night. I can only guess that Android determined there was some kind of improper shutdown and rebooted. It shut down fine afterwards.
    Exactly, it never happened two times in a row.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

I had this happen to me for the first time today. I went to power off and it rebooted. It was rather unexpected as I had powered down twice previously and it powered down successfully.