Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Back with the Nexus 5 after my 1st went down a drain a while back, this time i have the black one

I have to say that the soft touch back on the black version feels so much better than the hard plastic feel of the white version, just seems to feel like a more premium finish

anyways, glad to have the Nexus again, i love my HTC One but i do love my Nexus devices

And this time...... this one wont be going down a rain drain!!!

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

Default Re: Back with the Nexus 5 after my 1st went down a drain a while back, this time i have the black on

Put a TPU skin on it, it will protect it and it feels a lot better than the naked N5.I'm have a Diztronic,

Amazon.com: Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case for LG Nexus 5 - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories

Default Re: Back with the Nexus 5 after my 1st went down a drain a while back, this time i have the black on

I thought you went with the moto x after you lost your Nexus 5? If so, what brought you back?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I sold the moto x, got an offer I couldn't refuse lol, then got an amazing deal on a HTC one $180, been with that for about 6 weeks now, then I was selling my LG G Pad and got an amazing trade deal with a new Nexus 5 on swappa, so now the HTC one is up for sale

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

@bjrosen Had one on it.... Was just one of those really unlucky moments where it was at the perfect angle, didn't have it long

Yea

From mah shiny new Nexus 5

Quote Originally Posted by angry english View Post
    I sold the moto x, got an offer I couldn't refuse lol, then got an amazing deal on a HTC one $180, been with that for about 6 weeks now, then I was selling my LG G Pad and got an amazing trade deal with a new Nexus 5 on swappa, so now the HTC one is up for sale

Wow, that's a lot of good phones in such a short time. Welcome back!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    Wow, that's a lot of good phones in such a short time. Welcome back!
    Oh I chop and change phones and tablets all the time, I'll keep this now though until the S5 or HTC One M8 comes, whichever is 1st

I have to say.. It is nice to hear a fellow addict.. I do the same thing. I have bought 5 Nexus 5's gone through a couple Samsung Galaxy Note 3's a couple htc One's and Galaxy S4's.. Back to iPhone's and then hate using those for a month and try to find another android.. I sometimes wish I could just stay content but then I come back to these forums (AC and imore) and start reading a bunch and it's all over. Want this and want that lol.. Have a Nexus 5 on order and should be here in a couple of days. Try and sell my iPhone 5s.

But I agree, I am really looking forward to the HTC One M8.. If that isn't up to snuff probably the S5..
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by bellamyepl View Post
    I have to say.. It is nice to hear a fellow addict.. I do the same thing. I have bought 5 Nexus 5's gone through a couple Samsung Galaxy Note 3's a couple htc One's and Galaxy S4's.. Back to iPhone's and then hate using those for a month and try to find another android.. I sometimes wish I could just stay content but then I come back to these forums (AC and imore) and start reading a bunch and it's all over. Want this and want that lol.. Have a Nexus 5 on order and should be here in a couple of days. Try and sell my iPhone 5s.

But I agree, I am really looking forward to the HTC One M8.. If that isn't up to snuff probably the S5..
    I'll always be the same, I cannot help myself, I'm the same with tablets lol

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

One other major difference between this one and the launch day white one is this does not have loose buttons, the white one had a loose power and volume rocker, this one is nice and tight

so do you prefer the black version to the white one? I have the black Nexus 5 and wish I had got the white one. I really like the back of the black Nexus 5, is the white version even close to the premium feel or is it a cheap feel like the S4?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Oates View Post
    so do you prefer the black version to the white one? I have the black Nexus 5 and wish I had got the white one. I really like the back of the black Nexus 5, is the white version even close to the premium feel or is it a cheap feel like the S4?
    The black has a much better feel to it, the white one really does feel cheap compared, i loved the way the white looked but the black one does feel more of a premium device with the soft touch, the white isnt soft touch at all, its just white plastic
    Thanked by:

thanks for the above, as soon as the Nexus was available to buy in the UK I bought the black one, without actually seeing the white version in person. think i'll stay with the black, I hope more phones in the future have the same material back as the Nexus 5 black does