Nexus 5 back up of contacts

snoopy25

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Hiya ladies and gents :)

Just bought a Nexus 5 and loving it so far, its my first android phone having been slow in the uptake to move onto smartphones lol so please bare with me :)

I want to back up my phone numbers that I have inputted into my contact list. Can someone point out to me how I do this or if there is a thread about that can help me :)

Sorry for being a complete numpty :)

Jim

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Just make sure you have your contacts set up to sync with your gmail account.

settings/accounts/google - tap on the gmail account at the top and make sure contacts is checked off.

Personally I find it easiest to go to www.gmail.com on my PC and manage my contact list.

snoopy25

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
So as long as its setup to my Gmail account all my contacts will be stored there along with phone numbers and (god forbid) if i need to restore them i can recall them from there then?

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
iDrive Lite is an excellent secondary backup of mobile phone contacts and will even be able to move contacts between iDevice's and Android.

*it is a free app

- - - Updated - - -

So as long as its setup to my Gmail account all my contacts will be stored there along with phone numbers and (god forbid) if i need to restore them i can recall them from there then?

Yes, you are correct.

losl

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
iDrive Lite is an excellent secondary backup of mobile phone contacts and will even be able to move contacts between iDevice's and Android.

*it is a free app

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, you are correct.

Not really !
When you delete the contact(s) purposely or accidentally from your cell the one(s) in Gmail contacts will also be removed if sync contact is enabled. That what meant by "sync". Then you cannot restored the deleted contact(s) from gmail.

I may be wrong, please correct me, thank you !

losl

If you delete your contact(s) from your cell accidentally and the same contact(s) will also be removed from gmail contact list by auto sync.
Fortunately you can restored the removed contact(s) in gmail within 30 days and resync to the cell.

losl

Last edited:

losl

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Hiya ladies and gents :)

Just bought a Nexus 5 and loving it so far, its my first android phone having been slow in the uptake to move onto smartphones lol so please bare with me :)

I want to back up my phone numbers that I have inputted into my contact list. Can someone point out to me how I do this or if there is a thread about that can help me :)

Sorry for being a complete numpty :)

Jim

You can export your contacts to the internal storage, then further backup it to the cloud or computer. You have to export it every time after anything is changed to keep the backup file up-to-day.

Regards !

losl

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Not really !
When you delete the contact(s) purposely or accidentally from your cell the one(s) in Gmail contacts will also be removed if sync contact is enabled. That what meant by "sync". Then you cannot restored the deleted contact(s) from gmail.

I may be wrong, please correct me, thank you !

losl

If you delete your contact(s) from your cell accidentally and the same contact(s) will also be removed from gmail contact list by auto sync.
Fortunately you can restored the removed contact(s) in gmail within 30 days and resync to the cell.

losl
No idea what you are trying to say.

losl

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I meant the answer of post #3 is NO.

>> Quote Originally Posted by snoopy25 View Post
>> So as long as its setup to my Gmail account all my contacts will be stored there along with phone numbers and (god forbid) if i need to restore them i can recall them from >> there then?

losl

gadgetgirl3

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
As long as you use the same Gmail address consistently (the same one you created when you first set up your device), you will always have your contacts synced even if you get another phone. My husband and I have 2 phones and 2 tablets, all using the same Gmail account. All of our contacts, calendars, appointments, etc are synced across all devices.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm