1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    STOCK

Default One volume to rule them all?

So one thing I really dislike about the nexus 5 and pretty much all Nexus I've owned, the volume Controls. If I'm in a place that needs my phone to not startle people I would want it to not do so. When I lower the volume it only lowers the "ring tone" and not alarms and notifications. Is there any way that when I lower the volume to vibrate or mute using the volume rockers to have it for ALL (ring tone, notification, alarm) at once? It's been bugging me for a long time, but I've had enough.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: One volume to rule them all?

Tasker doesn't do it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

I use Audio Guru for all my devices. Works well. You can set the levels for all, global, media, voice, system etc. You can set time of day and level of ring. There are widgets for the desktop too.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Ringtone and notification volumes are tied together. Been that way for a while. I use the volume keys at work to lower the volume so both my ringtone and notifications (Hangouts, Whatsapp, etc.) are at a reasonable level for my "so quiet you could hear a pin drop" office.

Alarms are separate yes, but that's by design, I believe. Alarms are typically more important (to me anyway), so I can understand why that is kept at its own volume level.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by timhow View Post
    Ringtone and notification volumes are tied together. Been that way for a while. I use the volume keys at work to lower the volume so both my ringtone and notifications (Hangouts, Whatsapp, etc.) are at a reasonable level for my "so quiet you could hear a pin drop" office.

Alarms are separate yes, but that's by design, I believe. Alarms are typically more important (to me anyway), so I can understand why that is kept at its own volume level.
    Audio Guru let's me adjust them separately on the Note 3.

YMMV.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    STOCK

That seems nice and all but do you have to actually go in the app to change the volume or can I just use the volume rockers to silence/vibrate everything at once all together? That's what I'm looking for.

(Bump) This is exactly what I'm looking for, to be able to silence all sounds via the rocker. I'll be in a meeting, silence my phone, but my alarm will go off. I recognize some people want it the way it's set because they use their alarm to wake them up or something, but I'm the opposite. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the apps mentioned so far don't sound like they'd do it.