Thinking of Switching from Note 3 to Nexus 5

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
The same thing for me, if I use it, the battery drain very fast...
Some factory resets don't help me.

This is what Jerry got on his.

69286d1365653783t-bad-bad-bad-battery-life-2013-01-26-09.31.10.png

69287d1365653783t-bad-bad-bad-battery-life-2013-01-26-09.30.42.png

DETERMINOLOGY

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

Nice try doesnt look like stock rom nor prob isnt stock kernel and most likely if he has everything turned off sync,brightness etc he could get that type of usage..Im still not sold bro but thanks. As i said before the nexus i love its stock android its fast zippy and quick as lightning but the 2300 mAh battery isnt all that..5h 40m tho yea he prob nerfed everything off to get that + some and thats why i didnt buy a smartphone.

eliott1306

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site

This is not a stock rom, look at my pics, the notification bar has a white police, not blue. The phone is customized. It's not a normal nexus, sorry.

I consider that is not representative of a typical nexus 5.

The battery life is poor if you light on the screen, it's the bad point of this nexus.

I'm a fan of pure android but this battery life make me to look around to find a smartphone I can use without being stressed by the battery drain...

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Nice try doesnt look like stock rom nor prob isnt stock kernel and most likely if he has everything turned off sync,brightness etc
Have you asked him? He didn't mention anything about a ROM. And my results were similar to his. And there are other examples:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...-nexus-5-yet-another-battery-life-review.html

Im still not sold bro but thanks.
Whether or not you are sold on it doesn't change the objective facts. Independent tests do not support your conclusions. The only remaining possibility is that you got defective units or you had software/radio-related issues.

DETERMINOLOGY

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Have you asked him? He didn't mention anything about a ROM. And my results were similar to his. And there are other examples:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...-nexus-5-yet-another-battery-life-review.html

Whether or not you are sold on it doesn't change the objective facts. Independent tests do not support your conclusions. The only remaining possibility is that you got defective units or you had software/radio-related issues.

3h 2m of on screen time i rest my case and if you think thats good battery life for the nexus thats horrible. They really should of added a 3000 mAh battery in there but i guess. As again ive had 2 units of the nexus 5 and eliott has one so u saying all 3 of us has defective units or software issues? See if i was gullible i would of tooken what u said bought a 3rd nexus run into the same issues then returned it and been in the same spot i am now (waiting for the s5 note 4). Ive did my own testing and thats all it matters and im not going into the bait off of your experience of the nexus 5 and im going off "WHAT IVE SEEN" on my screen and having to charge it 2+ times a day. Now it could be signal issues that may be true but even so im passing on the nexus/2300 mAh batterys all together and getting something i know thats going to give me some solid time using the phone more so then having to baby sit the nexus and im not the only one saying it. ALOT of people on line even reviewers have mentioned the cons of battery life so

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site

3h 2m of on screen time i rest my case and if you think thats good battery life for the nexus thats horrible.
Yeah, if I was getting that I would be upset too.

As again ive had 2 units of the nexus 5 and eliott has one so u saying all 3 of us has defective units or software issues?
Yes.

I've posted multiple examples of people getting battery life similar to mine.

See if i was gullible i would of tooken what u said bought a 3rd nexus run into the same issues then returned it
If you don't want to press your luck, you don't have to. But your experience is not common to everyone. If it was something intrinsic to the hardware itself, I (and the others I linked to) should be getting results similar to you. And we are not.

DETERMINOLOGY

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, if I was getting that I would be upset too.

Yes.

I've posted multiple examples of people getting battery life similar to mine.

If you don't want to press your luck, you don't have to. But your experience is not common to everyone. If it was something intrinsic to the hardware itself, I (and the others I linked to) should be getting results similar to you. And we are not.

Hmm maybe but its still a known issue. Theres people talking about the battery life and its not just me not saying everyone isnt having the issue but its there honestly they should of added a 3000 mAh in there but eh maybe the nexus 6 will have it

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hmm maybe but its still a known issue.
I agree. But like I said, it is not normal. It's a defect or it is a software issue.

honestly they should of added a 3000 mAh in there but eh maybe the nexus 6 will have it
They should have added a removable battery. That would make this a non-issue no matter what size you think is adequate. But normal battery life is in line with other smartphones in this class with embedded batteries.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

3h 2m of on screen time i rest my case and if you think thats good battery life for the nexus thats horrible. They really should of added a 3000 mAh battery in there but i guess. As again ive had 2 units of the nexus 5 and eliott has one so u saying all 3 of us has defective units or software issues? See if i was gullible i would of tooken what u said bought a 3rd nexus run into the same issues then returned it and been in the same spot i am now (waiting for the s5 note 4). Ive did my own testing and thats all it matters and im not going into the bait off of your experience of the nexus 5 and im going off "WHAT IVE SEEN" on my screen and having to charge it 2+ times a day. Now it could be signal issues that may be true but even so im passing on the nexus/2300 mAh batterys all together and getting something i know thats going to give me some solid time using the phone more so then having to baby sit the nexus and im not the only one saying it. ALOT of people on line even reviewers have mentioned the cons of battery life so

3h could be good depending on usage.

On my Note 3 I can extend my usage easily if I want (not by turning syncs off) but just by doing less data intense tasks. At work I can drop the battery like a rock due to data usage... So It really depends.

Below is my usage over the past weekend.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1393024650800.jpg
    1393024650800.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 1393024661462.jpg
    1393024661462.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 38

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
On these, we don't see the time with screen on. If my screen if off, I can spend two days easily.
It's not normal to have to customize everything. It's my opinion.
It's a battery life fail for this nexus 5.

My Nexus 5 is still completely stock and I agree that if you got bad battery life it was due to a stuck app or software. I've posted a ton of battery screenshots the past few months and my battery is still pretty good. This one isn't as impressive because I was trying to edit a large file yesterday and for some reason that ate up a lot of battery. But the point is, every time there's bad battery experience it's usually due to something like Facebook, and possibly Facebook combined with Google services.
e5amada6.jpg
adune7u7.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
And true, I'm still only using it on WiFi but if it were on a carrier I'd expect a slight drop in battery, maybe to 18 hours with 3.5 hours screentime, but I'm just guessing. Standby battery is where the Nexus 5 really shines, and I have everything on, but I do use battery saving mode for Location settings.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
And, more on topic, I wouldn't want any other phone but a Nexus. I really dislike carrier and manufacturer add ons and I love the pristine experience of the Nexus 5. As much as I know the Note 3 is an amazing phone, Touchwiz would drive me nuts, and just as much, whatever the carriers add. I don't know what I'll do for a new phone if they discontinue Nexus.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Stock, the Nexus 5 could use some help. Although users shouldn't have to resort to rooting/bootloader unlocking, there are battery improvements and screen tweaks that can be had if you do.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

JOHNGAETANO

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I switched from Note 3 to Nexus 5. Easy switch and I don't miss the laggy Note 3. Love the nexus 5

I've had the Note 3 for a few months now and to be honest with you, I hate it! I hate it because the ergonomics suck, there are too many features I'm paying for I don't use. I don't think it's a bad phone, it's just not for me. It works flawlessly, but I can't get used to it, and I don't enjoy the experience. I'm very interested in the Nexus 5, a no non-sense phone that seems to do everything well at a good price point. I've heard rumors about the short lasting battery and average phone, so I'm reaching out to those who have the phone in their hands and use it everyday. I'm a power user...I use my phone for everything. Are these issues something I should be worried about? Will I be disappointed switching? Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

DETERMINOLOGY

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Having a smartphone and not using apps or switching on the screen is strange in my opinion

U wanna know something i bet people thats getting 4h+ most likely their sync is off or turning down alot of stuff to accomplish that battery life which is something i dont wanna do with a phone. So when people say " oh the nexus has great battery life" More then likely so if you got everything dang near turned off on your phone which yes i know works but eh i didnt buy a phone to turn the brightness down to 20% and to desync stuff etc

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
U wanna know something i bet people thats getting 4h+ most likely their sync is off or turning down alot of stuff to accomplish that battery life which is something i dont wanna do with a phone. So when people say " oh the nexus has great battery life" More then likely so if you got everything dang near turned off on your phone which yes i know works but eh i didnt buy a phone to turn the brightness down to 20% and to desync stuff etc

I've had mine for about a week. I hit 4 hours screen on yesterday (mostly because it was a slow day at work) with nothing turned off. I did toss it on the wireless charger for about half an hour or so when I knew I didn't need the phone. People act like this phone has terrible battery life. Is it Note 3? Nope. But it's still pretty good. I haven't had much issue with it so far, and I'm coming from a Moto X. I think it's just as good as my S4 I had before the X. I honestly don't see what people are complaining about.

I feel like some people need to put the phone down and interact with the humans around them...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz