Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Should i get a Warranty for this phone ?

I Currently am on AT&T with mobile protection plan ( Bought it since I get my S2 skyrocket ) and currently under it with my Nexus 5 ... I am going to be moving to T-Mobile ( yuck ) next month since it is cheaper ($70 a month compared to what I would want on AT&T which is around $85 or so ). Now since I bought the phone off the google play store ( the Red one 32gb ) and wondering is it worth to buy the squaretrade one ?

Default Re: Should i get a Warranty for this phone ?

Google's support is outstanding and free with the device. I also find extended warranties never work for me. The company usually squeezes out of paying their dues. BUT I decided not to do an extended warranty with my Dell XPS laptop. One week after warranty a dead pixel appeared. Then my battery went downhill - fast. And now I am having keyboard issues along with buggy USB ports and sleep that a Windows reinstall didn't cure. Soooo it's a personal decision.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    -Retired -
    8GB Toshiba Thrive
    AT&T Apple iPhone 3G
    AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-i777

-Current-
    Google Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Apple iPad 4 64GB Black

I got the 2-year SquareTrade warranty for my Nexus 5 for $125, which averages out to about $5/month. There's a $75 deductible, and it covers all damage, but not theft. I figured that was a decent deal, since it's the first 1-2 years where it really hurts to lose a phone and have to buy it all over again.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    I got the 2-year SquareTrade warranty for my Nexus 5 for $125, which averages out to about $5/month. There's a $75 deductible, and it covers all damage, but not theft. I figured that was a decent deal, since it's the first 1-2 years where it really hurts to lose a phone and have to buy it all over again.
    I am thinking of that but at the same time the phone is only $399 and since I am bringing my own device down the road I could easily just buy a phone with an upgrade (If I stick with AT&T ) or just buy one with a zero down payment from T-Mobile... Eh I have a 35% coupon for squaretrade so I might end up doing it anyways