1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help USB Tethering Windows 7 (x86)

Hi! My name is Recoder. I recently brought a new Google Nexus 5 (16GB Black) and have a Tata Docomo 3G Connection (India).
    I would actually like to Reverse Tether my Phone (so as to get my PC Highspeed internet on my phone, since the mobile network is a bit choppy at times, and the connection times out very frequently). But in order to reverse tether (without Root), I need to get my Phone recognized as a Tethered Mobile on my PC.

I am actually a beginner in Tethering.

1. I connected the Phone to PC via USB, and clicked on USB Tethering. (it says tethered), but my PC keeps on installed Remote NDIS Driver forever and finally says Driver not installed nor does it recognizes my Phone. (It Gets Recognized as a PTP, MTP Device)

2. I have USB Debugging Enabled (don't know whats that for). Disabling it does not make any difference.

3. I tried the Google USB Driver but it does not have the driver for Nexus 5, and with usb debug enabled, it comes as a Samsung Android ADB Composite Device.

So Please help my how to Tether my Phone (Step by step if possible, since its my first time)

With Warm Regards,
    Super Recoder

Default Re: Help USB Tethering Windows 7 (x86)

I realize this does not directly address your query, but I have to ask: is there a reason why do do not simply install a low-cost (used?) Wi-Fi router in your home?

There is no way to do reverse tethering. The UBS tethering you tried to do is actually still use your phone to access internet.

To do the other way around, you should either invest in a wifi router (easiest way) or if your PC is Windows 7 or later and have a wi-fi card inside and you are using a hard wired connection, you can turn your PC into a wifi hotspot. There are instructions on the internet to do it easily.

It might also be doable with an inexpensive Bluetooth dongle for the PC. See

But, for best range and speed, I would definitely go with installing a Wi-Fi router.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Well, I might consider buying the wifi router, but still for the time being can i tether my phone. Reverse Tether can be done once its recognized as a network connection. Please help my tether first. Thanks