Keypad for phone calls

jmiesse134

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
When I open the phone app to make a call I have to hit the keypad button 2 times for the keypad to show up.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

jmiesse134

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I just opened mine and it only took one press on the keypad to open it, I would think maybe it's a bug.

It seems to happen only when it is not a recent app. So If I clear it from the recent apps, open the phone app again and tap the "dots" it will not bring up the keypad. I have to tap the white bar that appears,then the "dots" show up again and I tap it. Then the keypad pops up.

Bagums

May 1, 2010
Visit site
It seems to happen only when it is not a recent app. So If I clear it from the recent apps, open the phone app again and tap the "dots" it will not bring up the keypad. I have to tap the white bar that appears,then the "dots" show up again and I tap it. Then the keypad pops up.
I just cleared mine from recent apps to see if that affected it for me. I can still just open it and click the dots to have the keypad pop up. Maybe try restarting the phone or doing a factory reset?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I also cleared mine and opened it up. Keypad opens right up without any issues or delay. Are you using a launcher or something? Not that it should make a difference, but perhaps something is causing lag with your apps and it's most noticeable with the dialer.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

jmiesse134

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the posts. It's been like this since new. Even my original N5 did the same thing. Running stock kit kat. I am rooted though and using Franco kernel. But I just don't see how that would effect that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Son of a xxxxx, I had that off to speed things up.

At any rate yes it was a bug, also the dialer appears to be getting an overhaul in 4.4.3 anyway.