1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Switching from Sprint to T-Mobile with Nexus 5

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask, so please forgive the intrusion, if it is so.

I'm under contract with Sprint until late April -- 2 lines. I want to transfer one number over to T-Mobile and the other to Ting. Plan is to get a new Nexus 5 for the T-Mobile account and use the Sprint Galaxy Nexus with Ting.

Questions I have are:
    1. when is the best time to ask for the numbers to be transferred? On the day the present contract ends? A couple days before?
    2. what is the Sprint policy for ETF -- would they charge me an ETF if I ask for the numbers to be transferred a few days early during the last month of the contract? Or should I let Sprint know that I intend to leave the day the present contract is over and have T-Mobile and Ting handle the transfer on the last day of my contract?

Thanks for any insights.

Default Re: Switching from Sprint to T-Mobile with Nexus 5

go to Sprint Chat and ask these questions to a customer Rep. and save the chat transcript in your archives.

I would wait till you are past your contract before porting to ting to avoid that ETF. As far as porting to T-Mobile, I would do it now and let them reimburse you for the ETF on that line (trade in the other phone since you want to keep the galaxy for ting).

ROM
    CM9

Wait and do it in May or buy out the ETF

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

If you are in the last month of your contract the etf fee would likely be very minimal if one at all. Once you have the number proved by Ting and T-Mobile that will end your contract with Sprint.

If you can, just leave the day your contract ends to prevent any confusion or issues that may pop-up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app