Build quality difference between black and white, or sloppy launch devices?

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My old launch white Nexus 5 had a really loose power button and volume rocker, you could literally move them around in the cut outs. The new black one I have does not have this issue, everything is tight, no rattles no nothing.

I know manufacturing techniques become easier after a while but I'm quite surprised.

Or is it a case of the black Nexus 5 was always this way and it was just an issue with the white one?

Not putting the phone down at all, was just something I noticed the very instant I first turned on this black N5

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How certain are you about that? From the article, the difference in grille size doesn't seem that pronounced. Are you able to compare your N5 with others?

J00P24

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Well they did fix the buttons but i dont think they fixed the speaker holes. I just got the red nexus 5 and i still think it has the small speaker holes.

I just got my red nexus 5, volume seems OK but the power is a bit loose in there (not so bad that I'd return it). Also I did notice smaller speaker holes.

One small thing that I didn't like was that they used the same old nexus 4 charging cable which you'd have to turn upside down to plug in.

win465

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
How certain are you about that? From the article, the difference in grille size doesn't seem that pronounced. Are you able to compare your N5 with others?

Well actually i think i read that an LG representative denied the new hardware revision on the nexus 5. She said they hadn't changed anything on the nexus 5.

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Well actually i think i read that an LG representative denied the new hardware revision on the nexus 5. She said they hadn't changed anything on the nexus 5.

They have definitely have changed something as like I said in the 1sr post my newer black N5 had none of the issues that my white one did regarding build quality

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463