Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

My old launch white Nexus 5 had a really loose power button and volume rocker, you could literally move them around in the cut outs. The new black one I have does not have this issue, everything is tight, no rattles no nothing.

I know manufacturing techniques become easier after a while but I'm quite surprised.

Or is it a case of the black Nexus 5 was always this way and it was just an issue with the white one?

Not putting the phone down at all, was just something I noticed the very instant I first turned on this black N5

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Build quality difference between black and white, or sloppy launch devices?

It was a known issue they modified, along with the speaker grilles.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Nexus...uttons_id50321

Default Re: Build quality difference between black and white, or sloppy launch devices?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post

Nexus 5 gets a hardware revision, currently shipping with new speaker grill and fixed buttons

Well they did fix the buttons but i dont think they fixed the speaker holes. I just got the red nexus 5 and i still think it has the small speaker holes.

How certain are you about that? From the article, the difference in grille size doesn't seem that pronounced. Are you able to compare your N5 with others?

I have a white one from launch and no loose buttons or other flaws.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by win465 View Post
    Well they did fix the buttons but i dont think they fixed the speaker holes. I just got the red nexus 5 and i still think it has the small speaker holes.
    I just got my red nexus 5, volume seems OK but the power is a bit loose in there (not so bad that I'd return it). Also I did notice smaller speaker holes.

One small thing that I didn't like was that they used the same old nexus 4 charging cable which you'd have to turn upside down to plug in.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Nexus...uttons_id50321

Thanks for that, after losing my launch day white nexus 5 I kinda stopped following it due to being absolutely gutted it went down a drain lol

Global Posts
    7,416 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    I have a white one from launch and no loose buttons or other flaws.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
    I think the issues are more pronounced on some devices. It's definitely there.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    I think the issues are more pronounced on some devices. It's definitely there.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    I must have been unusually lucky.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

How certain are you about that? From the article, the difference in grille size doesn't seem that pronounced. Are you able to compare your N5 with others?

Well actually i think i read that an LG representative denied the new hardware revision on the nexus 5. She said they hadn't changed anything on the nexus 5.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by win465 View Post
    Well actually i think i read that an LG representative denied the new hardware revision on the nexus 5. She said they hadn't changed anything on the nexus 5.
    They have definitely have changed something as like I said in the 1sr post my newer black N5 had none of the issues that my white one did regarding build quality