Google voice on Nexus 5

projectmx

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I have a nexus 5 and I am on Wind mobile in ontario.
I want to sign up for their $15/month unlimeted plan for when I am traveling state side and then I can port my old american phone number to google voice, however I have been trying like crazy to get google voice to install on my phone before I port the number but everytime I get to the PIN part it says that the phone number could not be verified, any ideas?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I want to sign up for their $15/month unlimeted plan for when I am traveling state side and then I can port my old american phone number to google voice, however I have been trying like crazy to get google voice to install on my phone before I port the number but everytime I get to the PIN part it says that the phone number could not be verified, any ideas?

Have you tried adding the phone number on the web side of things? Sometimes the app is a pain to add numbers if it changes a lot.

projectmx

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Yeah i tried going onto the google voice website but I cannot even locate an option to add phone numbers, something is odd about my version of the website

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i tried going onto the google voice website but I cannot even locate an option to add phone numbers, something is odd about my version of the website

I'd say give it a little bit of time. I had to do that when I was using GV back last year. It was a pain but its what I had to do. Sadly there isn't much support out there for GV.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

Are you currently in the US? I'm not sure if GV is available outside the US (not sure if Canada is covered - but I know that the rest of the world is not)

ay

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

Google Voice is not available outside the United Stated. As per the Google Voice website "Google Voice is only supported in the United States and a mobile phone with a U.S. number is required in order to use it".

projectmx

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I am back and forth between canada and the US constantly. I have an american number that i want to port to google voice and add winds US roaming so that way my american number will call my phone while I am state side and I will no longer need to carry two phones and my friends / family can call my american number while I am stateside and reach me. it is a huge pain having to carry two phones all the time.