Google Nexus 5 is stuck on google start page

Carl Hudson

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Ok so pardon me if this has already been answered and gone over, I have been up all night (LITERALLY) trying to search for info but can't seem to get anywhere and its really beginning to frustrate me. I just got the Google Nexus 5, and was trying to root it, and I did succeed in rooting it however after I downloaded chainfire 3D and went to install cfw and it rebooted, it stopped on the Google startup and froze up. I've tried locking and unlocking it as well as wiping the data and the cache followed by a reboot. It still wont start or go further than the Google start page.

Oh and I've tried even waiting for several mins AND NOTHING.....

PLEEEEAAASSEEEE HELLLLLLP lol

PROBLEM IS FIXED!!!!!!

This is how I solved my problem.

Step one- Install adb and fastboot drivers forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588979
Step two- Download the latest factory images from here. developers.google.com/androi...ges#hammerhead
Step three- Extract the factory images you downloaded (Use WinRAR). www.rarlab.com/download.html
Step four- Unlock your bootloader
Step five- Power off your phone.
Step six- Boot it in fastboot by pressing and holding Power Button + Volume Down at the same time.
Step seven- Connect your phone to your PC through your USB cable.
Step eight- Execute the flash-all.bat script (for Windows) or flash-all.sh(for MAC and LINUX) in the folder where you extracted the factory images.
Step nine- After everything finished, select "Recovery" using the volume buttons.
Step ten- When a small Android appears, press Power Button + Volume UP.
Step eleven- Select "Wipe data/factory data reset"

YAY!!! Now Reboot. Your phone should be stock

Last edited:

mechaz

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Press and hold Power + Volume Up + Volume Down all at the same time. It will power down the device (it sometimes takes a while, so keep holding down the buttons for at least 10 seconds). Then Power + Volume Down to boot into recovery, then enter into recovery. Press and hold power and quickly press volume up, that will open the menu.

Wipe data/factory reset.

The phone will reboot and you should be good to go.

nexus 5 stuck booting - xda-developers

You may also try to go back to stock:

[TUTORIAL] How to flash a factory image | Return to stock | Unroot your Nexus 5 - xda-developers

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok if its not to much trouble and you don't mind... Could you do a step by step process for me...

I can't because I don't know. I just know it can be done. There might be a YouTube video on it. I know the process is the same as the Nexus 4, so that may bring up more videos in searches. You just need to flash the proper files.

Carl Hudson

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I can't because I don't know. I just know it can be done. There might be a YouTube video on it. I know the process is the same as the Nexus 4, so that may bring up more videos in searches. You just need to flash the proper files.
Darn I was really hoping I wouldn't have to watch any more videos lol... Well thanks for your input though...

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for taking the time to reply but please take more time and read my post thoroughly. I stated that I already tried that...

@Carl Hudson, @mechaz gave you the same URL in his/her post - I don't see that you tried that (in your first post at least). But that link has fairly detailed steps on how to get back to stock. Assuming you don't want to actually stay unrooted, you should skip the part about relocking the bootloader/resetting tamper flag.

Carl Hudson

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
@Carl Hudson, @mechaz gave you the same URL in his/her post - I don't see that you tried that (in your first post at least). But that link has fairly detailed steps on how to get back to stock. Assuming you don't want to actually stay unrooted, you should skip the part about relocking the bootloader/resetting tamper flag.
Thank you very much i will look into them and let you know what I find

Eduard Kaukab

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi Carl... I have exactly the same problem. Are those steps really work??? I was worried I couldn't revive my nexus. You know exactly how I feel, right. :'(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37