Problem with locations!

monsow

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys...

Since yesterday I've had a problem with my locations on my Nexus 5..

When I checked the weather yesterday, google now (when I swipe to left from home screen) showed me I was in Italy (and I live in Denmark). I tried restarting, turning off/on locations, turned my location settings to high accuracy (I use battery save as default), logged out/on my google account, and basically everything, and nothing worked. Then I thought I better wait and see what happens, maybe it will fix itself... but now, one day later, google simply cannot determine my location. When I use voice command "where am I" it just searches on google, and when I use google maps to show my location it just says "waiting for location..." and nothing happens.

I don't know what to do, and this is really a big problem for me because I use location a lot!

Would appriciate any help, thanks in advance!

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if it will do the trick but you could try resetting app preferences. Settings, Apps, All, Reset. Also Date & Time.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
In Settings,Location is everything on? If so I'm not sure what else to suggest. Sorry. :-/

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

May 7, 2013
Visit site
i'm experiencing the exact same symptoms, except the discussed solution didn't help me, maps is not able to fix a location with gps turned on either.

i uninstalled updates, and reupdated maps to latest version but without success

cleared cache and dalvik cache, no improvement...