Known issues for ART

Nabooy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Ok it seems to many of us while using ART are having zero issues so far which I'm wondering how's that even possible. But to those who are having issues with it, state a list of your problems (any) here as I'm one of them. I hope one day Google will look into this thread and will improve the runtime even better.

So everything runs smooth and perfect for me for the last two days. Even the battery life seems to be better as it goes down to 60% within 9 hours which is quite impressive with normal usage. Though here's a big issue for me and it's Instagram only. I'm not sure if many of you are having the same problem as mine but seriously, Instagram keeps on freezing a lot suddenly and stops working. I've to close the app and open it up to use it again. And when I say a lot, I mean a lot. This is pretty frustrating to me especially when I use the app more than WhatsApp or any other messaging app.

What's yours?

kd0h

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Ok it seems to many of us while using ART are having zero issues so far which I'm wondering how's that even possible. But to those who are having issues with it, state a list of your problems (any) here as I'm one of them. I hope one day Google will look into this thread and will improve the runtime even better.

So everything runs smooth and perfect for me for the last two days. Even the battery life seems to be better as it goes down to 60% within 9 hours which is quite impressive with normal usage. Though here's a big issue for me and it's Instagram only. I'm not sure if many of you are having the same problem as mine but seriously, Instagram keeps on freezing a lot suddenly and stops working. I've to close the app and open it up to use it again. And when I say a lot, I mean a lot. This is pretty frustrating to me especially when I use the app more than WhatsApp or any other messaging app.

What's yours?

I have been usuing ART for a few weeks now and am also loving it. I am not seeing the same issues with Instagram though...mine works fine.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Only problem I'm having is some of my favorite games aren't compatible (Pizza Boy and Kingdom Rush 1 & 2). I've switch back to Dalvik for now because of it.

ShazPrimus

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I got my phone on 31st Dec and switched to ART as soon as it came out the box...I go through periods where I use instagram a lot but have never had any issues...so far my experience has been great...I only see major battery loss over night if my mobile signal is bad or if I forgot to close down all the apps before bed (as I did last night) but apart from that when idle I usually only see 1% battery drain over night. All my apps work as normal so far.

Posted via Android Central App

Bront

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Only app I've had issues with is Where's My Water 2, but not sure if that's ART or not. everything else has been fine, stable, and fast. Other than root and ART, I haven't done much else with my phone other than load apps.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Hello SMS is broken with ART.

I have had ART on for over two months and there is nothing wrong with my SMS/MMS services. ART hasn't had any issues that I have found on my N5 and I do think it improved my battery life since I can go more than two days without a charge when I am using it mainly for voice and texting. I admit I use Textra SMS instead of Hangout that I never could get to work even before I turned on ART.

g2_havok

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
kakaostory crashes occassionally so i have to close and reopen the app.

textra 'quick reply' sometimes display a black blank screen so i'll have to open an incoming txt the "long way"...

those are the only "issues" i've noticed so far...

gorebash

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
BBM 2.0 gives you spotty notifications at least on my Nexus 5 using ART. I switched back to Davlik and i got notifications back. Blackberry needs to fix that.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I use Simple Notepad and it crashes every week or so and becomes unusable on ART until I move the notes into a new folder, and uninstall reinstall. I should try another note app.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Very few apps give me a blank screen, not sure if its art related though.

- Android Central App. N'oublions jamais l'Australie, Villers-Bretonneux.

Bront

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Hello SMS is broken with ART.

Can you be more specific? I don't have any issues with SMS or MMS using Hangouts on ART. Are you talking about a particular 3rd party SMS app?

I have had ART on for over two months and there is nothing wrong with my SMS/MMS services. ART hasn't had any issues that I have found on my N5 and I do think it improved my battery life since I can go more than two days without a charge when I am using it mainly for voice and texting. I admit I use Textra SMS instead of Hangout that I never could get to work even before I turned on ART.
I think Hello SMS is an app.

Apparenlty Greenify can have issues with Art, but they've been fixed if you're using the non-experimental version.

Then again, I loaded it up just to fix a single runaway app. I got nearly 3 days on a single charge a few days ago (with fairly light use admittedly)

xxjoStaxx

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Since I switched to ART, at times my N5's screen won't turn on and the phone crashes, so I have to do a hard reset on it. This is making me wanna switch back to Dalvik, even though with ART, my battery life has Definitely improved. Aside from that, I've had zero issues. I just worry that one time my phone won't reset and I'll be bricked. Just my kinda luck that makes me worry about that....I'm not rooted btw.

macroguy07

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Been using ART on my Nexus 5 for several months without any real issues other than I cannot use XDA Frameworks until they rewrite it to work with ART.

cribble2k

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
My only issue with ART is that I can't use xposed framework app.

Yeah, that's kinda big deal for me.