1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    925 Global Posts

Default Known issues for ART

Ok it seems to many of us while using ART are having zero issues so far which I'm wondering how's that even possible. But to those who are having issues with it, state a list of your problems (any) here as I'm one of them. I hope one day Google will look into this thread and will improve the runtime even better.

So everything runs smooth and perfect for me for the last two days. Even the battery life seems to be better as it goes down to 60% within 9 hours which is quite impressive with normal usage. Though here's a big issue for me and it's Instagram only. I'm not sure if many of you are having the same problem as mine but seriously, Instagram keeps on freezing a lot suddenly and stops working. I've to close the app and open it up to use it again. And when I say a lot, I mean a lot. This is pretty frustrating to me especially when I use the app more than WhatsApp or any other messaging app.

What's yours?

Default Re: Known issues for ART

Quote Originally Posted by Nabooy View Post
    Ok it seems to many of us while using ART are having zero issues so far which I'm wondering how's that even possible. But to those who are having issues with it, state a list of your problems (any) here as I'm one of them. I hope one day Google will look into this thread and will improve the runtime even better.

So everything runs smooth and perfect for me for the last two days. Even the battery life seems to be better as it goes down to 60% within 9 hours which is quite impressive with normal usage. Though here's a big issue for me and it's Instagram only. I'm not sure if many of you are having the same problem as mine but seriously, Instagram keeps on freezing a lot suddenly and stops working. I've to close the app and open it up to use it again. And when I say a lot, I mean a lot. This is pretty frustrating to me especially when I use the app more than WhatsApp or any other messaging app.

What's yours?
    I have been usuing ART for a few weeks now and am also loving it. I am not seeing the same issues with Instagram though...mine works fine.
    ~Keith

Nexus 5 - 4.4.2 (rooted) on T-Mobile
    Nexus 7 (2012)- 4.4.2 (rooted)

Only problem I'm having is some of my favorite games aren't compatible (Pizza Boy and Kingdom Rush 1 & 2). I've switch back to Dalvik for now because of it.

I got my phone on 31st Dec and switched to ART as soon as it came out the box...I go through periods where I use instagram a lot but have never had any issues...so far my experience has been great...I only see major battery loss over night if my mobile signal is bad or if I forgot to close down all the apps before bed (as I did last night) but apart from that when idle I usually only see 1% battery drain over night. All my apps work as normal so far.

Posted via Android Central App

Hello SMS is broken with ART.

Quote Originally Posted by el3ctronics View Post
    Can you be more specific? I don't have any issues with SMS or MMS using Hangouts on ART. Are you talking about a particular 3rd party SMS app?

Only app I've had issues with is Where's My Water 2, but not sure if that's ART or not. everything else has been fine, stable, and fast. Other than root and ART, I haven't done much else with my phone other than load apps.

I have had ART on for over two months and there is nothing wrong with my SMS/MMS services. ART hasn't had any issues that I have found on my N5 and I do think it improved my battery life since I can go more than two days without a charge when I am using it mainly for voice and texting. I admit I use instead of Hangout that I never could get to work even before I turned on ART.

kakaostory crashes occassionally so i have to close and reopen the app.

textra 'quick reply' sometimes display a black blank screen so i'll have to open an incoming txt the "long way"...

those are the only "issues" i've noticed so far...
    mobile:: Nexus 5 Black 16GB (4.4.2), LG G2 Black 32GB (RIP), iPhone 3GS White 16GB (retired) tablet: Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tab 32GB (ICS)

BBM 2.0 gives you spotty notifications at least on my Nexus 5 using ART. I switched back to Davlik and i got notifications back. Blackberry needs to fix that.
    Current Phone: Nexus 5

I use Simple Notepad and it crashes every week or so and becomes unusable on ART until I move the notes into a new folder, and uninstall reinstall. I should try another note app.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Very few apps give me a blank screen, not sure if its art related though.

- Android Central App. N'oublions jamais l'Australie, Villers-Bretonneux.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Can you be more specific? I don't have any issues with SMS or MMS using Hangouts on ART. Are you talking about a particular 3rd party SMS app?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shilohcane View Post
    I have had ART on for over two months and there is nothing wrong with my SMS/MMS services. ART hasn't had any issues that I have found on my N5 and I do think it improved my battery life since I can go more than two days without a charge when I am using it mainly for voice and texting. I admit I use instead of Hangout that I never could get to work even before I turned on ART.
    I think Hello SMS is an app.

Apparenlty Greenify can have issues with Art, but they've been fixed if you're using the non-experimental version.

Then again, I loaded it up just to fix a single runaway app. I got nearly 3 days on a single charge a few days ago (with fairly light use admittedly)

Quote Originally Posted by Bront View Post
    I think Hello SMS is an app.
    LOL, I thought you were saying, "Hello, SMS is broken with ART"! Sorry for the misunderstanding.