Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HIMAN1998
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 5 Issues... HELP

My mom has a Nexus 5, and just today the screen went to sleep, and when she tried pressing the power button, nothing happened. No response from the phone. I had to call her for the screen to come back on. Now, the volume buttons aren't working and it won't charge. I found nothing anywhere online about this happening. Is there any way to fix it, or should I just take it to T-Mobile tomorrow and get it replaced?
    T-Mobile LG G2 32GB

Default Re: Nexus 5 Issues... HELP

Has she tried rebooting the phone yet? That is, powering completely off, then turning it back on again? If that doesn't help, and if the phone is pretty new, it'd probably be best to take it back to T-Mobile and ask for a replacement.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Has she tried rebooting the phone yet? That is, powering completely off, then turning it back on again? If that doesn't help, and if the phone is pretty new, it'd probably be best to take it back to T-Mobile and ask for a replacement.
    The power button doesn't work, so she can't reboot. No button besides the softkeys on the screen are working. We got the phones at the beginning of January.
    T-Mobile LG G2 32GB

Try pressing and holding the power button for a good 20 seconds or so. When any Android device freezes up or otherwise is acting screwy, this can force a power down.

What B. Diddy said.
    I would just take it to T-Mobile and have it replaced.

Posted via Android Central App

Yeah, but the question is, will T-Mobile do an on-the-spot replacement, or is it too late for that, and will they instead tell you to deal with Google/LG directly? The latter is more of a hassle.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Try pressing and holding the power button for a good 20 seconds or so. When any Android device freezes up or otherwise is acting screwy, this can force a power down.
    I just did that, it is working fine now. Thanks!
    T-Mobile LG G2 32GB
    B. Diddy likes this.

I had this same problem today, I was listening to music and the screen turned off and went into standby but I couldn't wake it back up again. I ended up having to press and hold the power button for several seconds to reset the phone

Posted via Android Central App
    Current phone im using: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch