Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Affects of factory reset

Hi everyone!
    Nexus battery's become pretty sloppy out of nowhere, I've tried all the techniques to get my battery back up, but nothing... I want to reset my nexus back to factory because I've put a load of rubbish on here that I really don't need that showed it down. What o want to know is what will happen if I factory reset? And how do I do it through TWRP? I wanna completely clean my phone back to scratch, except from my ROM, Kernel and TWRP... I know how to back up my app data so that's not a problem... Will it delete my internal storage because that's one thing I don't want to happen... Any help is appreciated thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    8,886 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Affects of factory reset

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Vickers View Post
    Hi everyone!
    Nexus battery's become pretty sloppy out of nowhere, I've tried all the techniques to get my battery back up, but nothing... I want to reset my nexus back to factory because I've put a load of rubbish on here that I really don't need that showed it down. What o want to know is what will happen if I factory reset? And how do I do it through TWRP? I wanna completely clean my phone back to scratch, except from my ROM, Kernel and TWRP... I know how to back up my app data so that's not a problem... Will it delete my internal storage because that's one thing I don't want to happen... Any help is appreciated thanks!

A factory reset will wipe all of you data. Pics, apps, music, settings or anything that you downloaded onto it.
    If you go into TWRP, you can go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > and select Data, System, Cache and Dalvik Cache. It does exactly the same as a factory reset
    You won't lose your ROM, kernel or TWRP

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Default Re: Affects of factory reset

A factory reset will keep your ROM, kernel, and custom recovery.

Just did that Thursday night for the same reason.

-Retired -
    8GB Toshiba Thrive
    AT&T Apple iPhone 3G
    AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-i777

-Current-
    Google Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Apple iPad 4 64GB Black