Root Call Blocker vs Call Master

wardawgmalvicious

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Anyone have experience using these? Maybe used both and have comparisons? I'm thinking of using one or the other, seems RCB is simpler and to the point, and CM is much more customizable. Also it seems CM can forward a call/text to another number, but maybe I misinterpreted the description.

I am operating on a rooted Nexus 5, with Sprint. Also I have Google Voice integrated with my Sprint number so they are the same. Also use Google's Voicemail system.

Any input would be great!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have experience using these? Maybe used both and have comparisons? I'm thinking of using one or the other, seems RCB is simpler and to the point, and CM is much more customizable. Also it seems CM can forward a call/text to another number, but maybe I misinterpreted the description.

I am operating on a rooted Nexus 5, with Sprint. Also I have Google Voice integrated with my Sprint number so they are the same. Also use Google's Voicemail system.

Can't speak to either of these in particular as I use extreme call blocker (which is nice and I would recommend at least checking out), but depending on how much functionality you're looking for you may find that Google voice itself is sufficient. I think you can block, forward, and send particular callers straight to voicemail all through GV. Not sure about texts, but as you've already integrated it with your Sprint service maybe it's functionality would suffice? If not I've also heard quite a few people on this site recommend Mr. Number.

Moto X/Nexus 5

wardawgmalvicious

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I have tried extreme call blocker before, and it was pretty good, but sometimes it would still light up the screen and when getting a call from a blocked number. This was a couple years ago though and I'm sure it has been updated since.

And you're probably right about GV being sufficient, I just wanted to be able to block private AMD restricted callers too which I'm not sure if GV can do.

ftgg99

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Im the dev. If you are an average user, stick with RCB.