Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Blank and clean home screen

    Been trying to get my home screen (the on you comes to when password has entered) blank and clean without any apps but it won't stick or works. Is someone know a way to do this?

  2. #2  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,177 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 5.0.1

    Default Re: Blank and clean home screen

    You can only remove the app drawer icon if you're using something like Nova or Apex and have it setup to never show that. Those will also allow you to remove the persistent search bar
  3. #3  
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Blank and clean home screen

    Thank you, Apex did it!
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Blank and clean home screen

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    You can only remove the app drawer icon if you're using something like Nova or Apex and have it setup to never show that. Those will also allow you to remove the persistent search bar
    is this root jargon? i really want to get rid of that google search bar on my home screen but was told it's only possible if you're rooted.
  6. #6  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,177 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 5.0.1

    Default Re: Blank and clean home screen

    Quote Originally Posted by JConn_Lefty View Post
    is this root jargon? i really want to get rid of that google search bar on my home screen but was told it's only possible if you're rooted.
    Nope. Nova launcher is an app that can be installed without root. There are settings within the app that let you remove the dock and persistent search bar

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    JConn_Lefty likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Blank and clean home screen

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Nope. Nova launcher is an app that can be installed without root. There are settings within the app that let you remove the dock and persistent search bar

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    nice!!! downloading nova launching now...
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Blank and clean home screen

    Nova and SwiftKey were the first apps I downloaded for mine :-)

    Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 via Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. Thoughts on GEL? Better than [fill in blank] Launcher?
    By paintdrinkingpete in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-21-2014, 01:47 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-18-2014, 04:45 PM
  3. 4.2 and 4.3 incompatible? Vendor says so.
    By drolf in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-18-2014, 08:36 AM
  4. Why Photos and Videos Storage so high?
    By AceRockolla in forum HTC One M7
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-17-2014, 06:51 PM
  5. Rooting software and apps.
    By Ziggy925 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-17-2014, 11:03 AM

Posting Permissions