battery draining apps

JConn_Lefty

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
my n5 has been performing flawlessly. i usually have around 30% battery left at the end of my day (consisting of waze, pandora, wifi hotspot, games, text/calls, the usual).

over the weekend, i downloaded this app called mogl. ever since then, my battery has been draining as fast as my crappy lumia 920 did. right now, my battery is at 39% when it should be more like 70% and according to my battery graph, my phone has been losing power at a rapid pace since i stopped charging last night. now that i removed the mogl from my phone, it has not moved from 39% and the graph looks normal

i think it'll be a good idea to create a thread that lists all the power hungry apps such as the mogl.

power hungry apps:
- Mogl

wardawgmalvicious

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I know this is off topic, I also have a nexus 5, rooted, but there is the Greenify app which can tame the power hungry apps, it works pretty well for me. So if you did want to keep an app like that installed, it would keep it under control. I know not everyone wants to root their phone however.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

JConn_Lefty

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I know this is off topic, I also have a nexus 5, rooted, but there is the Greenify app which can tame the power hungry apps, it works pretty well for me. So if you did want to keep an app like that installed, it would keep it under control. I know not everyone wants to root their phone however.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

thanks for the advise. yes, i would love to root my phone but at this point, it's just so perfect and i don't have the need. fortunately, mogl is not one of those, "must have apps". i thought it'd be a good idea to start a list so that if you were on a download frenzy over the weekend and all of a sudden your battery is draining, this list can help pin point the rouge app.

wardawgmalvicious

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
thanks for the advise. yes, i would love to root my phone but at this point, it's just so perfect and i don't have the need. fortunately, mogl is not one of those, "must have apps". i thought it'd be a good idea to start a list so that if you were on a download frenzy over the weekend and all of a sudden your battery is draining, this list can help pin point the rouge app.

Understandable lol, I love having those download sessions sometimes. I almost always throw the new app in Greenify when its downloaded, depending on what it is.

Do you run with ART or Dalvik?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

JConn_Lefty

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Understandable lol, I love having those download sessions sometimes. I almost always throw the new app in Greenify when its downloaded, depending on what it is.

Do you run with ART or Dalvik?

do you know if there is an app like greenify for non-rooted folks like us?

i'm on dalvik. haven't even tried art yet because again, this phone is working perfectly with me, my nexus 7, and my car.

wardawgmalvicious

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
do you know if there is an app like greenify for non-rooted folks like us?

i'm on dalvik. haven't even tried art yet because again, this phone is working perfectly with me, my nexus 7, and my car.

I believe Greenify works with non root users as well, I don't know to what degree however. I also run on dalvik, I tries ART but forgot it does not run with xposed framework which greenify runs off of with root, at least with root users. I will look into greenify a bit more and repost soon.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
this is weird... so i just downloaded greenify and put some of my apps in hibernation mode. went back to my home screen and an entire screen is gone. meaning, i had three screens. my 3rd screen consisted of games and tool apps. this entire screen is gone now. i only have two screens. no big deal, i can just create it again but this can't be normal.

wardawgmalvicious

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
That sounds really weird.. What apps did you hibernate? I'm pretty sure you can't do anything to the system apps, they shouldn't even show up I believe.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Why not uninstall the app that caused the issue?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
So no I'll effects afterwards then? Are you still using Greenify?

everything is now back to normal. yes, i'm using greenify.

quick question, so when i put an app in hibernation mode (taking it from "Pending" to "Hibernated"), i click on the said app, hit the "ZZZ" button located at the bottom, this brings up the app info menu up where you can decide for force stop the app, uninstall, and show notifications. am i suppose to click on force stop? this seems kind of redundant isn't it? i mean, shouldn't hitting the "ZZZ" button hibernate the app? or is the purpose of this app to keep these apps in hibernate mode even after you re-open the app?

JConn_Lefty

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
just for the hell of it, i downloaded mogl again to see if greenify can keep this sucker in check and it can! i now have the app mogl installed AND it's not hogging any of the power unless i say so.
wardawgmalvicious, thanks again for the recommendation. i freakin like my phone!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy