Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    495 Global Posts

Default Will these apps conflict?

One of the things that drew me to Android was the ability to customize and configure pretty much anything.

So I downloaded Profile Scheduler. Profiles were one of the things I LOVED about my BlackBerry, so this is a welcome addition. I set up profiles for Home, Work, Meetings, etc... This app seems to allow further customization too, for whitelisting callers, adjusting settings, etc...

Another app I have is Trigger, which seems to be a more user friendly, but probably limited version of Tasker (good for a newbie like me). I want to start writing things to NFC tags, so that when I get to my desk at work it will set that profile.

My questions:

1) Will apps like these conflict and work against each other, or cause problems?
    2) Is there a way to have an action of the NFC tag to enable a certain profile? If so, how would I do this?

I've been reading up a lot on this stuff and it's slightly overwhelming, and I feel like I'm not even scratching the surface of what this thing can do.

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Will these apps conflict?

You might find some help with Trigger (formerly known as NFC Task Launcher) functions here: Tagstand NFC Questions and Answers
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    495 Global Posts

Default Re: Will these apps conflict?

Quote Originally Posted by N4Newbie View Post
    You might find some help with Trigger (formerly known as NFC Task Launcher) functions here: Tagstand NFC Questions and Answers
    Thanks! I'll try going through that.