1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs down Screen lock problem with Nexus 5

I got nexus 5 a week back and sometimes the screen lock does not work even if I click power button to lock the screen. I just have to wait to get battery down then it starts working, i restart the phone couple of times but the same problem appears screen does not get locked automatically nor manually.

Does anybody else is having the same issue??

Default Re: Screen lock problem with Nexus 5

Welcome to Android Central! I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you're trying to describe. You're saying that the phone won't lock properly when you press the Power button? That sometimes when you press Power to turn the screen off, then press it again to turn it on again, it goes directly to a homescreen instead of the lockscreen?

In Settings>Security, do you have "Power button instantly locks" checked? If it is unchecked, the phone won't lock until the amount of time specified in the "Automatically lock" setting has passed.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Screen lock problem with Nexus 5

Actually the problem here is that this phone sometimes does not lock itself as in if i made the inactive timeout as 15 sec then it doesn't do so, it never sleep even if i press power button to lock the screen forcefully and then i have to wait for the battery to go below 15% then phone screen lock starts automatically like within 15 secs it sleeps.

i hope i make u understand now.