Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 5 vs Moto x

Hey guys i recently dropped my Moto x, the cost to replace the phone in canada did not make much sense. what i've done instead is list the broken phone for parts on ebay and bought a nexus 5 from google. Im worried about losing some vital features that the moto x has....such as voice control. I know the nexus 5 has pretty much the same thing minus you have to press the button to activate google now. The biggest feature the moto x has though is sensing when you are driving VIA GPS, it will read youre text's out to you and allow you to text back via voice without touching a button....does the nexus 5 have something similiar?

Global Posts
    1,017 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Default Re: Nexus 5 vs Moto x

Quote Originally Posted by kuziwk View Post
    I know the nexus 5 has pretty much the same thing minus you have to press the button to activate google now.
    Well, on the N5, you have to have the screen on and unlocked. I think the Moto X doesn't require screen on, right?

The biggest feature the moto x has though is sensing when you are driving VIA GPS, it will read youre text's out to you and allow you to text back via voice without touching a button....does the nexus 5 have something similiar?
    The N5 doesn't have this on the stock ROM, but it should be possible to build a profile using tasker. (there may be apps available to do this too). I haven't tried it because my car's receiver handles that over BT.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Default Re: Nexus 5 vs Moto x

Hey guys i recently dropped my Moto x, the cost to replace the phone in canada did not make much sense. what i've done instead is list the broken phone for parts on ebay and bought a nexus 5 from google. Im worried about losing some vital features that the moto x has....such as voice control. I know the nexus 5 has pretty much the same thing
    No, it doesn.t. The Moto X has a special chip that allows it to do that. The nexus 5 can approximate it, but only if you leave the home screen on all the time, which no one will do. And of course you cannot use a 3rd party launcher...only GEL supports it.

The always on voice control is something unique to the Moto X right now. It is not merely a matter of software...the Moto X has special hardware for it as well.