Nexus 5: Slow USB charging with external Battery
Hey everyone. Whenever I plug my Nexus 5 into a wall charger, it normally charges at an AC rate. However, I've found with external batteries that it charges at a USB rate even if it's plugged into a 2.1A port. Has anyone else seen this behavior? I find it odd because my Nexus 4 seems to charge at an AC rate when plugged into these batteries.The best Tech videos on the web! www.youtube.com/360Mobiles
- 02-21-2014, 05:58 PM #2
Re: Slow USB charging with external Battery
And not all AC chargers are equal...some are higher capacity than others. The one that comes with the phone is a high capacity one. The same is true of tablets...they will often charge slowly or not at all with phone chargers...you need to use the tablet chargers to get them to charge at a decent speed.
If you can find a battery that charges at AC speeds I'd be interested in looking at it. None of my batteries do.
- 02-21-2014, 06:08 PM #3Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
- The best Tech videos on the web! www.youtube.com/360Mobiles
- 03-04-2014, 06:34 PM #5
Re: Nexus 5: Slow USB charging with external Battery
I have an Anker external battery with two ports. One is 1A and 2A. If I plug my Nexus 5 into the 1A port it charges as AC, if i plug it into the 2A port it charges as USB... I can't figure out why either.
I also have a 2A charger that came with my Nexus 10 and that charger can charge my Nexus 5 in AC mode at 1800mA with no problems.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
- 03-10-2014, 04:33 PM #6
- By robin635 in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3Replies: 2Last Post: 02-23-2014, 10:01 AM
- By bloodninja212 in forum Bionic Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 02-21-2014, 02:24 PM
- By Isandra in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 02-21-2014, 12:18 PM
- By monotok in forum Sony Xperia Z1 CompactReplies: 1Last Post: 02-21-2014, 11:55 AM
- By Pueofql in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 0Last Post: 02-21-2014, 11:38 AM