Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 5 and Go Locker or other Lock screen

The standard lockscreen is just a boring numberpad that doesnt allow for any customization. I like the look and abilities of the Go Locker lock screen, but I have a big problem with it. IT DOESN'T LOCK. Well, it sort of does. If you have Go Locker, you know that you pull the lock icon one of 3 directions in order to unlock and go to a specific app if you want to, like phone or text. When you do so, you are then asked to put in your pin, and voila. However, I have found that all I have to do to bypass this is click on the recent app soft key to bring up any programs. I click one and I am in. Even if there are no recent apps, I only have to click it again and it lets me right through to the home screen.

Does anyone else have Go Locker? Have you noticed this? Have you tried it and does it do the same thing on your phone?

If you do not use Go Locker, can you give a suggestion for another lock screen that is more customizable. It would be nice to see the current weather and forecast without having to unlock the phone for example.

Default Re: Nexus 5 and Go Locker or other Lock screen

I have Go Locker because I wanted something more fun than the original lock screen. Been using it for like a month now. But now you've pointed out that it doesn't actually lock and I am floored! I also have the PIN set up and when I was on that screen and hit the recent apps soft key it too pulled up my recent apps and presto I was into my settings and easily at my home screen. I don't like this!!

Thanks for pointing it out. I'm thinking of getting rid of Go Locker, now. I wish the original lock screen was a bit more customizable but I don't want anyone getting into my phone when I think its locked and its actually not.

i would also like a suggestion for more customizable screens if there are any.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yea, sorry about that. In a sense though I am glad to hear that it is not only a problem on my end. I think I will tell Go Locker now, and in the meantime I am using the original lock screen.

Me too! I've uninstalled it as well as my 4 lock screens I got for it.