What's App issues
I've been trying all day to get What's App to work on my phone and change it to be the default messaging app but it's not showing up on the list of default SMS apps. Hangouts will show up and any other SMS app that I have installed but not What's App. I've tried disabling and uninstalling updates for Hangouts but nothing is working. I even did a factory reset on my phone but nothing works. Very frustrating. I uninstalled any app killers I had like Juice Defender but nothing.
- 02-23-2014, 03:10 AM #2
- 02-23-2014, 06:07 AM #3
- 3,584 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Re: What's App issues
WhatsApp is not a true SMS app and therefore (I'm assuming) cannot be set as the default app.
WhatsApp can only exchange messages over a data connection (SMS uses the cellular voice connection) and only with other WhatsApp users.
- By Maelstrom728 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 33Last Post: 07-27-2015, 03:28 AM
- By DWooderson in forum Google Nexus 7 (2013) Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 12-14-2014, 08:44 AM
- By Patrick Schroedl in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 NeoReplies: 13Last Post: 04-25-2014, 02:54 AM
- By Malik Sheets in forum HTC FirstReplies: 2Last Post: 02-23-2014, 12:45 AM
- By Qaid_Ali in forum Sprint HTC OneReplies: 5Last Post: 02-22-2014, 09:37 PM