Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Default What's App issues

I've been trying all day to get What's App to work on my phone and change it to be the default messaging app but it's not showing up on the list of default SMS apps. Hangouts will show up and any other SMS app that I have installed but not What's App. I've tried disabling and uninstalling updates for Hangouts but nothing is working. I even did a factory reset on my phone but nothing works. Very frustrating. I uninstalled any app killers I had like Juice Defender but nothing.

Any advice?

Global Posts
    8,954 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: What's App issues

Whatsapp was down for a few hours today. Might want to try again or wait until tomorrow

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Default Re: What's App issues

WhatsApp is not a true SMS app and therefore (I'm assuming) cannot be set as the default app.

WhatsApp can only exchange messages over a data connection (SMS uses the cellular voice connection) and only with other WhatsApp users.