Weird wifi issue, not loading any apps with images?

Deaglegame

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
This would be really too complicated to explain completely, but basically for a reason I am unaware of, my router stopped working yesterday. So I plugged in another one and everything works fine on the computer as far as internet goes. The problem lies with my Nexus 5 (no idea if it's the phone that has an issue, or the wifi?).

Basically, I am able to connect on the new Wifi but any apps that will use images don't seem to work 100% (yes because sometimes it will work fine, other it won't) of the time. I get a new snapchat notification, but when I open the app, it's nowhere to be seen and get an error saying content could not be loaded? I open instagram and I get the same error, no pictures load at all. I open a messenger app that uses wifi and for some reason it says the pictures could not be sent, although they do get sent?

What could be my problem here? I tried restarting the phone, but as far as other things goes, I have no idea what to do.

Thanks for any help or insight guys!

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Is this a brand-new, out of the box, router or a used one that you borrowed or found laying about?

If it is used, it may have some funky firewall configuration going on. Find the instructions (search online if necessary) and do a hard reset of all router functions, then test again.

Deaglegame

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I'll check that out. The one that stopped functioning is relatively new, but all worked fine on it before. The one I used as a backup is 2-3 years old, a linksys. I'll check the configuration on the linksys since everything worked fine on the other.

Thanks for the suggestion!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'd also check the configuration, reset it then see what happens.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

mrballew

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue, and I've been searching everywhere to find an answer.

My Nexus 5 was working perfectly on my WiFi and then one day images within apps wouldn't load, and in general WiFi became increasingly slow.

Were you able to find a solution?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969