1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Smile Need help to new Nexus 5 user

Hello,please don't get angry but how to install APK files from computer placed on "Downloads" folder,because as I heard Nexus doesn't have file explorer included,and "Downloads" native app shows "no Items" also tried to search using google now for my placed APK files on phone internal sotrage didn't found it,because it's probably should be installed but I don't know how to install APK files without files explorer (and can't download it from Google Play Store,because my sim-card doesn't work,probably it's broken) so anyone know any alternative way how to install APK files on absolutely stock Nexus 5 Rom without files explorer?

Global Posts
    13,921 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Need help to new Nexus 5 user

Do you have WiFi where you are?

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No I don't have.

Global Posts
    549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Simonna View Post
    Hello,please don't get angry but how to install APK files from computer placed on "Downloads" folder,because as I heard Nexus doesn't have file explorer included,and "Downloads" native app shows "no Items" also tried to search using google now for my placed APK files on phone internal sotrage didn't found it,because it's probably should be installed but I don't know how to install APK files without files explorer (and can't download it from Google Play Store,because my sim-card doesn't work,probably it's broken) so anyone know any alternative way how to install APK files on absolutely stock Nexus 5 Rom without files explorer?
    Downloads should show you apks too.
    If you have WiFi Access, you can access the play store (don't need a SIM for it) - so you should be able to install file explorer or other apps.
    (if you don't have WiFi access, and your SIM doesn't work, how are you downloading APKs?)
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I downloaded it using PC then placed it to my phone's internal storage.

Global Posts
    549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Simonna View Post
    I downloaded it using PC then placed it to my phone's internal storage.
    When you place in phone's internal storage, double check to verify that you are placing it in the downloads folder.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks for your answer,found another way to install APK files from my PC to phone: downloaded "Wondershare Mobilego for android" and installed my APK files using this app,so now finally I have Solid Explorer and I can now install any APK without any hassle.

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

Install ES File Explorer, it gives you access to the local file system, your LAN (SAMBA exports), cloud storage, FTP.

Welcome to Android Central! If you transfer a file to the Downloads folder from the computer, it may be that the Downloads app won't see it, since it's designed to keep track of files that have actually been downloaded to that folder (by way of the Download Manager), rather than copied there. You can encounter similar issues if you download something, then later delete it using some other method besides the Downloads app (e.g., using a 3rd party file manager to delete the file). After deleting the file that way, you might still see it listed in the Downloads app, but if you tap it, you'll get an error since the file no longer exists.

It's a good idea to install a 3rd party file manager on a Nexus device, like ES File Explorer as mentioned above, or Total Commander. When you transfer files from the computer to the device, you can then use any accessible folder, or create your own, instead of relying on the Downloads folder.