Nexus 5 not saving application defaults

CTRK Chaitanya

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
When I click a phone number from the gmail App, a pop up occurs asking me to select a dialer. I pick a dialer and select always. Next time when I again click on a phone number in gmail App it shows the popup with different dialer options again. For some reason it's not saving the application defaults.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
If you have Skype it will pop up, it's annoying.

It would be annoying, but skype isn't causing that. I have skype, grooveIP and stock dialer, and application defaults stick. If I tap on a phone# in gmail (or hangouts), I always get the stock dialer (I had selected the dialer and selected the "always" checkbox a long time ago).

@op - are you on the stock ROM? have you installed any root mods that may be overriding this?

Dave Pickard2

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I get this as well - happens with URLs (multiple browsers), phone numbers (dialers), PDF (multiple viewers) and possibly others.

Anybody get a resolution?

Philthy82

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Bumping this as I've had the same issue with my Nexus 5 for ages. Every time I click a number to dial through gmail or chrome, it asks me whether to complete action using Phone or Skype, even though every time I choose Phone and "Always". Same thing for opening web pages (Chrome and Dolphin), opening Instagram links (Instagram or Chrome), and anything else I have more than 1 app for.

Running stock 4.4.3 rooted with CF-Auto-Root. I've recently completely reset my Nexus 5 and reinstalled everything from scratch, and the phone is still not remembering default app settings.

Is this an issue with rooted phones only? Or is it a sign of a hardware defect that I should be requesting warranty service for? Anyone gotten to the bottom of this?

SufaceWipe

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung S3 with similar issues. When doing a Google search, it will often not remember which browser to use. When playing videos from file manager, same thing happens. There are other situations where this happens but I forget now.

Posted via Android Central App

Arun Kottayil

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I have same issue with moto x pure. None of the application defaults get saved. Every time I open image or video from watsapp, it asks what program I want to use to open it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12