Two seconds earlier it was 4 bars
I forget it and rescan and sometimes the rescan doesn't even find it
I haven't been able to connect since my router restarted itself the other day

Anybody experienced similar/have a fix?

camanokid

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
If your router has WPS ... use it.
It has worked several times for me when manual setup fails.
Copied from another thread:

Press the WPS button on the router till the LED blinks or whatever indicates your router is in WPS mode.
Go to Settings -> Wireless and Networks -> Wifi -> Select your network and connect. When the password prompt comes up scroll down and select Advanced -> WPS - ON -> Push Button. Then touch connect and wait till it connects
Hope this helped!

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Install WiFI analyzer, it will show you the signal levels of your router and any others that may be in range. Make sure that your router isn't on the same channel as a nearby router.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been able to connect since my router restarted itself the other day

Unless you had a power outage, I would start thinking about a new router. It should not reboot on it's own.

Mackiedavid

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
This solution fixed my problem.

Log into your router via a browser. You can do this by looking at your router and finding the IP address of the router (you can usually find the password and username here if unchanged).

Once you're logged in find the WLAN setting and changed the 'Channel' from Auto to one of the numbers listed. Keep checking the device your trying to connect with until it connects.

Remember to save these settings, it's unlikely there's a problem with your phone if it's still finding other wireless networks.

Hope this helped.

Bridget Judkins

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Restarting & checking connections are always the best first step but then getting your router's IP address & logging onto it & changing the channel has always worked for me. Unless it's a bad router of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21