Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need help for stupid mistake

Hello i just did a stupid mistake and rooted my device without backing up. I had taken picture of the notes i needed for class and now the folder i had made for it show the icons for the picture but when i press on them it doesn't show anything. I need these notes and I am wondering if anyone knows a way or a app to get these pictures to show up?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need help for stupid mistake-screenshot_2014-02-24-21-54-35.jpg  

ROM
    Arctic HD

Default Re: Need help for stupid mistake

Google?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Did you look for the folder the pictures are in and see if you can open them from there? Any good file manager will do, like ES File Explorer.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You mentioned you rooted your device. Was your bootloader unlocked before this? Or did you unlock your bootloader as part of the rooting process?
    If you unlocked your bootloader (without having a backup), you may be SOL. Unlocking will wipe your device. (Rooting doesn't)

The only hope would be if you had your pictures set up to be automatically backed up to google plus or dropbox or copy or one of the other online storage sites. If so, you can recover from there.

If your bootloader was unlocked earlier (and you had taken pictures after that, that you are looking for), you may be able to recover them.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by jj14x View Post
    You mentioned you rooted your device. Was your bootloader unlocked before this? Or did you unlock your bootloader as part of the rooting process?
    If you unlocked your bootloader (without having a backup), you may be SOL. Unlocking will wipe your device. (Rooting doesn't)

The only hope would be if you had your pictures set up to be automatically backed up to google plus or dropbox or copy or one of the other online storage sites. If so, you can recover from there.

If your bootloader was unlocked earlier (and you had taken pictures after that, that you are looking for), you may be able to recover them.
    Nope the bootloader was locked so I unlocked it and it wiped everything.

Quote Originally Posted by win465 View Post
    Nope the bootloader was locked so I unlocked it and it wiped everything.
    Did you have auto backup on? Check the "Photo" app not the "Gallery" app and see if they're there
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Oates View Post
    Did you have auto backup on? Check the "Photo" app not the "Gallery" app and see if they're there
    Nope, but thanks for the help guys i have given up.

Quote Originally Posted by win465 View Post
    Nope, but thanks for the help guys i have given up.
    If this is showing up after a bootloader unlock that makes absolutely no sense. The phone is completely wiped clean when you unlock the device. Its actually more thorough than a normal factory reset for security reasons. This is why it usually takes longer than a normal, recovery based factory reset. You could try connecting the N5 to the computer and trying out this application on the pictures folder.
    -Retired -
    8GB Toshiba Thrive
    AT&T Apple iPhone 3G
    AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-i777

-Current-
    Google Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Apple iPad 4 64GB Black