Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Nexus 5: "OK Google..Call Bob Schmedlap on mobile" "Sorry, no phone number listed."

    Is Google voice dialing having issues? This just started after months of successful dialing from the same contacts list. "OK Google..Call Bob Schmedlap on mobile" "Sorry, no phone number listed." Then it shows the contact with a chance to edit it. I select the option and there are all the numbers in the correct place! But, if I just say: "OK Google, call Bob Schmedlap" it will respond: "Would you like to call home. mobile or business?" Has this been happening to anyone else? Is there a fix?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-11-2014 at 01:34 PM.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: "OK Google..Call Bob Schmedlap on mobile" "Sorry, no phone number listed."

    Same here with my Grandmas contact. Hm....

    From mah shiny new Nexus 5
  3. #3  
    crxssi's Avatar
    Linux: The power beneath

    Posts
    2,150 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,469 Global Posts

    Default Re: "OK Google..Call Bob Schmedlap on mobile" "Sorry, no phone number listed."

    I have the same issue.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: "OK Google..Call Bob Schmedlap on mobile" "Sorry, no phone number listed."

    I still have this problem as do at least two others. Any help appreciated.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: "OK Google..Call Bob Schmedlap on mobile" "Sorry, no phone number listed."

    Same here - started happening last week.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: "OK Google..Call Bob Schmedlap on mobile" "Sorry, no phone number listed."

    I found a thread which shows that the Google voice calling app is doing this on many different models of phones. Most think it started after a recent update.
  7. #7  
    jennyfur's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    662 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 5: "OK Google..Call Bob Schmedlap on mobile" "Sorry, no phone number listed."

    Yeah this is a big improvement over the complicated "say select 1 for home, say select 2 for mobile, or say select 3 for other" crap you had to go through before for contacts with multiple numbers that took forever. Basically they've just streamlined it to be faster by asking which number more directly and requiring less words for the answer. Unfortunately it does mean you can't specify home, mobile or other in the initial voice command now like you could before, which undoubtedly makes things far less efficient. Apparently there's no happy medium.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Nexus 5: "OK Google..Call Bob Schmedlap on mobile" "Sorry, no phone number listed."

    The interesting thing is that it works for some contacts but not for others. The number of contacts with the problem increases over time. If it was changed by Google on purpose, I would think it would instantly change for all contacts.
  9. #9  
    jennyfur's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    662 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 5: "OK Google..Call Bob Schmedlap on mobile" "Sorry, no phone number listed."

    Quote Originally Posted by Viventis View Post
    The interesting thing is that it works for some contacts but not for others. The number of contacts with the problem increases over time. If it was changed by Google on purpose, I would think it would instantly change for all contacts.
    Strange, it doesn't work for any of mine anymore. Or at least I haven't found any that do yet. I thought all of them changed.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Nexus 5: "OK Google..Call Bob Schmedlap on mobile" "Sorry, no phone number listed."

    Quote Originally Posted by Viventis View Post
    Is Google voice dialing having issues? This just started after months of successful dialing from the same contacts list. "OK Google..Call Bob Schmedlap on mobile" "Sorry, no phone number listed." Then it shows the contact with a chance to edit it. I select the option and there are all the numbers in the correct place! But, if I just say: "OK Google, call Bob Schmedlap" it will respond: "Would you like to call home. mobile or business?" Has this been happening to anyone else? Is there a fix?
    The work around is "Call Bob Schmedlap" without saying mobile and it will at least then ask you what number to call. Then you can simply say "mobile".
  11. #11  
    crxssi's Avatar
    Linux: The power beneath

    Posts
    2,150 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,469 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 5: "OK Google..Call Bob Schmedlap on mobile" "Sorry, no phone number listed."

    Quote Originally Posted by swich2mac View Post
    The work around is "Call Bob Schmedlap" without saying mobile and it will at least then ask you what number to call. Then you can simply say "mobile".
    Except that often it doesn't say ANYTHING back or still doesn't work... at least not with my bluetooth headset. I am not sure why they can't seem to get this right! It is very annoying. I am glad I don't rely on this for a motorcycle or something where it HAS to be hands-free and reliable, it would make the setup completely useless.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
  12. #12  
    Chex313's Avatar

    Posts
    556 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.4 KitKat

    Default Re: Nexus 5: "OK Google..Call Bob Schmedlap on mobile" "Sorry, no phone number listed."

    As much as I like voice dialing...I have just given up and depend on a folder full of "Direct Dial" shortcuts. Its just more dependable. Voice dialing is great when it works, but the fails make me go nuts...
    N5 Black 32GB 4.4.4(I love this thing!!), N4 (4.4.4), iphone 5, ONE+64GB N7(4.4.4) AT&T The Nexus 5 is so fast...I just finished the internet...The ending wasn't great...
  13. #13  
    crxssi's Avatar
    Linux: The power beneath

    Posts
    2,150 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,469 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 5: "OK Google..Call Bob Schmedlap on mobile" "Sorry, no phone number listed."

    Quote Originally Posted by Chex313 View Post
    As much as I like voice dialing...I have just given up and depend on a folder full of "Direct Dial" shortcuts. Its just more dependable. Voice dialing is great when it works, but the fails make me go nuts...
    The stupid part is voice dialing used to be 100% reliable for me... TWO PHONES ago on an Evo 3D. On the Evo LTE it was fine the first year and then more flaky with later updates... and on the Nexus 5 it is just very flaky.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Similar Threads

  1. Original Apps on Samsung Galaxy S3
    By Angelindisguise21 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 in Canada (Bell/Telus/Rogers)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2014, 07:05 PM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-03-2014, 06:18 PM
  3. New to android, quick question about Google wallet!?
    By Joe Ziemba in forum Android 4.4 KitKat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-25-2014, 01:59 PM
  4. phone app crashing when dialing after kit kat
    By Walter Guevara in forum LG G2
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2014, 12:59 PM
  5. GSM and WCDMA Bands on Note 3 SM-N900P
    By nirajvashi in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2014, 12:44 PM

Posting Permissions