1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Default Nexus 5 on T-Mobile - Can you send and respond to group messages with more than 10 recipients?

For whatever reason, whenever I receive a group message with more than 10 people included (Happens Daily) I cannot respond? Is this a limitation of Android / Nexus 5 / or T-Mobile? Any help is greatly appreciated!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Default Re: Nexus 5 on T-Mobile - Can you send and respond to group messages with more than 10 recipients?

Just a friendly bump. I have tried Chomp SMS, Handscent, Evolve, etc. I have read that Handscent gets around the 10 person limitation... but my response just sits there with a spinning send animation. I get a error message almost immediately with the others. Anyone have luck with this?

Default Re: Nexus 5 on T-Mobile - Can you send and respond to group messages with more than 10 recipients?

Works for me on hangouts.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 20degrees View Post
    Works for me on hangouts.

Are you doing a group MMS chat, or a Hangout chat? I just tried to respond to a group message with 12 people in it, and it just says failed to send, tap to retry...

Quote Originally Posted by sMt73 View Post
    Are you doing a group MMS chat, or a Hangout chat? I just tried to respond to a group message with 12 people in it, and it just says failed to send, tap to retry...
    Group SMS. There was 13 people in it.

Thanked by:
    sMt73 

Is Group messaging enabled in Settings>SMS>Advanced? if it is, maybe try unselecting it, exiting the app and going back in and selecting it.

I have not tried to message that many people, just trying to help.
    Thanked by:
    sMt73 
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by antilles76 View Post
    Is Group messaging enabled in Settings>SMS>Advanced? if it is, maybe try unselecting it, exiting the app and going back in and selecting it.

I have not tried to message that many people, just trying to help.
    Thanks, that is what I am here looking for. I will give that a shot and see if that works!

Thanks, that is what I am here looking for. I will give that a shot and see if that works!
    Let me s know if it works.

Posted via Android Central App
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Let me s know if it works.

No, it didn't work. I am starting to think it is a T-Mobile Limitation. People that have this phone on Sprint do not seem to be having this issue. My friend with a Note 3 on verizon does not have an issue, yet I still have an issue with the Nexus 5 or my Note 3.... Thanks for the help.

No, it didn't work. I am starting to think it is a T-Mobile Limitation. People that have this phone on Sprint do not seem to be having this issue. My friend with a Note 3 on verizon does not have an issue, yet I still have an issue with the Nexus 5 or my Note 3.... Thanks for the help.
    That sucks. Sorry I couldn't be any more help.

Thanked by:
    sMt73 
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

That sucks. Sorry I couldn't be any more help.

Thanks for the tip, pretty sure it is a T-Mobile thing.

When sending group texts from MightyText to more than 10 people that text doesn't show up in the thread created in Hangouts. MightyText gives a popup saying this is a limitation of KitKat. The message sends though... This is on AT&T.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    -Retired -
    8GB Toshiba Thrive
    AT&T Apple iPhone 3G
    AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-i777

-Current-
    Google Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Apple iPad 4 64GB Black

Works fine with T-Mobile, using Textra.
    This one cab driver always mass group-texts students before the weekend asking if they need rides (lol)

I've responded before and it worked for me. 20+ recipients.