Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No SIM card - Emergency calls only

I have a 32gb Nexus 5 and I was using it on Rogers but decided I wanted to switch it to my Koodo line and so I took out the Rogers SIM and placed my Koodo SIM into it and now it won't read that there is a SIM card in the phone. I have a SIM card inserted and I even put my rogers SIM back into it. Now I have a phone that doesn't work. What can I do to fix this? According to google support I need to contact my service provider who has told me that because the phone was purchased from Google Play I have to go through them. Any help would be appreciated

Default Re: No SIM card - Emergency calls only

I assume you did this already but did you turn the phone off before switching SIM cards? Usually you need to do this or it won't read properly. Also, I've seen some phone manufacturers claim a SIM switch would require a factory reset but the one time I was told that (Droid Maxx) it really wasn't necessary.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Global Posts
    13,381 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: No SIM card - Emergency calls only

Quote Originally Posted by briancook451 View Post
    I have a 32gb Nexus 5 and I was using it on Rogers but decided I wanted to switch it to my Koodo line and so I took out the Rogers SIM and placed my Koodo SIM into it and now it won't read that there is a SIM card in the phone. I have a SIM card inserted and I even put my rogers SIM back into it. Now I have a phone that doesn't work. What can I do to fix this? According to google support I need to contact my service provider who has told me that because the phone was purchased from Google Play I have to go through them. Any help would be appreciated
    I would also suggest rebooting the device and see if that helps. Once you get that working you may also need to adjust the APN settings of the device to send and receive text, mms and data. You'll need to visit the Koodo help page for this information: How do I setup data on my non-Koodo phone? | Koodo Mobile