Nexus 5: Can't access LTE anymore . need help.

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I recently enabled the radios required to use sprint spark on my nexus 5 and now I can't connect to LTE at all. It only connects to 3g. Anyone had this problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Can't access LTE anymore . need help.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with Sprint Spark but under Settings > Network do you have LTE selected?

If not then it may have changed a setting in the hidden menu. Download an application from the Play Store called LTE OnOff and try and change back to the LTE setting. This application, on many phones, opens the hidden menu.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

RealDogBoy

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

You should check the APN settings against what they should be for Sprint (Google that). Another possibility is a bad SIM - they can get corrupted.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

I recently enabled the radios required to use sprint spark on my nexus 5 and now I can't connect to LTE at all. It only connects to 3g. Anyone had this problem.

What band priorities did you set? Did you reset them back (band 25 = priority 1, disable band 26 and 41)?

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site

What band priorities did you set? Did you reset them back (band 25 = priority 1, disable band 26 and 41)?

I did set band 26 and 41 and yes I did reset them to see if that would help but I'm still not able to connect to LTE .

I will have to check the APN and see if that's it. Also in the menu setting it's set to LTE under mobile networks.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

I did set band 26 and 41 and yes I did reset them to see if that would help but I'm still not able to connect to LTE .

I will have to check the APN and see if that's it. Also in the menu setting it's set to LTE under mobile networks.
try updating profile and PRL, and then, restart your phone.

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site

I updated my prl and profile and restarted the phone and it connected to LTE for about 10 seconds and then quickly disconnected and went back to 3g.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

I updated my prl and profile and restarted the phone and it connected to LTE for about 10 seconds and then quickly disconnected and went back to 3g.
Only thing I can think of is to check for an outage in your area? (yeah, I know, unlikely, but no harm in checking). Try Global (instead of LTE) in settings.
Only other thing I can think of is to factory reset (ugh). Hopefully others will have better suggestions.

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site

Only thing I can think of is to check for an outage in your area? (yeah, I know, unlikely, but no harm in checking). Try Global (instead of LTE) in settings.
Only other thing I can think of is to factory reset (ugh). Hopefully others will have better suggestions.

Thank you. I have tried everything but a factory reset. I just contacted sprint in the Chat online and they weren't able to resolve my issue. They gave me a number to call so I'll try that.

joselito76

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

I had a similar issue, but my was that I didn't switch from 3g to 4G by itself, it would connect to 4G, but only if I forced. So I put everything back reset the phone, set it up to spark again reset it and now it works

Posted via Android Central App

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site

I had a similar issue, but my was that I didn't switch from 3g to 4G by itself, it would connect to 4G, but only if I forced. So I put everything back reset the phone, set it up to spark again reset it and now it works

You did a full factory reset?

joselito76

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

Yes factory reset I hate it too, but is one of the ways I resolve my issues lol

Pro Vickers

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

Yes factory reset I hate it too, but is one of the ways I resolve my issues lol

Are you running a custom ROM? Cause I use cataclysm with a smart radio feature, and it disables 4G, uses 3G when I'm using it and uses EDGE when the screens off to save battery. If be surprised if other ROMs didn't have this feature as well... Check in your settings if you have a custom ROM installed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site

You purposely have 4G disabled at all times? That paranoid about battery or what is the reasoning?

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site

Well after I did the factory reset it seemed to fix the issue. I have been able to access lte . Thanks for everyone's input.

Bront

May 21, 2012
Visit site

I didn't think Spark was available for the N5 yet on Sprint, so that might have been the problem.

You purposely have 4G disabled at all times? That paranoid about battery or what is the reasoning?
I have it shut off by default and only turn it on when I need it. It can be a HUGE battery saver, particularly if the LTE signal isn't great in your area.

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
LTE actually uses less juice than either 3G or HSPA+ with the same signal numbers. Someone linked an article somewhere on Android Central. If I can find it again I'll throw it up. If you have crappy signal with LTE and great signal with another technology that's a different story. That's your carrier being lazy and the lower the signal the more it tanks on your battery.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21