Regretting switching from iOS to the Nexus 5, 4G connectivity issue

joselito76

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Now every time I open an app 4G disconnect, I am regretting changing the iPhone for this. I am glad Google is sending me a new phone.

Posted via Android Central App

joselito76

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
This guy at work he still have the iPhone 3gs since brand new and the only issue he said he has is that he has to charge the phone and I told him. Well my issue is not only that. I have to update the radios, wipe cache, soft reset, hard reset, install unistall apps. For the phone to work right, and he told me that sounds exhausting. Yes it is. I said. Lol

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
You don't have to do any of that with a Nexus 5 that works. You obviously got a lemon. It's always interesting to me though how more often than not, people switching from iPhone always seem to have these problems.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Why on earth would you have updated the radios? It's no surprise you are having problems if you insist on messing with things that have no need of being messed with...

A simple factory reset would more than likely fix all of your issues.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
You don't have to do any of that with a Nexus 5 that works. You obviously got a lemon. It's always interesting to me though how more often than not, people switching from iPhone always seem to have these problems.

Its the same with Android to iOS. When you go to a new system you first see issues or stuff that doesn't work like your previous OS.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Assuming the problem isn't with your local 4G reception, the replacement phone you get ought to correct the issue. What you describe is not a common problem on these forums. I think it would be erroneous to make any generalizations about Android vs. iPhone based on that experience alone.

joselito76

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I do have a lemon, nfc never work Google wallet, it Froze like 6 times this month, and now the 4G thing.

joselito76

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Assuming the problem isn't with your local 4G reception, the replacement phone you get ought to correct the issue. What you describe is not a common problem on these forums. I think it would be erroneous to make any generalizations about Android vs. iPhone based on that experience alone.

True could be the service, but I never had this issue before not even with my galaxie 2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
True could be the service, but I never had this issue before not even with my galaxie 2

Right, so my main point is that it's most likely a faulty phone--so the replacement ought to correct the problem.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Its the same with Android to iOS. When you go to a new system you first see issues or stuff that doesn't work like your previous OS.

I would absolutely believe that. I always say to people that you cannot switch, and expect one to be like the other. If you want it to be, then don't switch in the first place. (I'm not saying that's the situation OP is in, i'm just speaking in generalities)

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I would absolutely believe that. I always say to people that you cannot switch, and expect one to be like the other. If you want it to be, then don't switch in the first place. (I'm not saying that's the situation OP is in, i'm just speaking in generalities)

I don't understand why people do that. When I first got Android, my nexus 4, I was expecting differences. And major ones at that.

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Why on earth would you have updated the radios? It's no surprise you are having problems if you insist on messing with things that have no need of being messed with...

A simple factory reset would more than likely fix all of your issues.

As someone who has messed around with the radios along with trying every fix in the book, messing with the radios can help quite a bit. Check out the XDA thread. Huge thread talking about how the latest radio with 4.4.2 was awful and all of the others offered improvements, some better than others.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk