Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bjrosen
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 5: Should I use Global, LTE, or 3G

Greetings. My issue is that I recently went from a gs3 to 32gb nexus 5 on sprint and more often then not my phone is not receiving calls. People have said they called me 4 times in a row and the phone rang but on my end the phone didn't ring and I would just receive a voicemail notification. I live in an area with LTE as well. Has anyone experienced this issue ? Should I leave the phone on global, LTE or 3g, my main concern is I sing want to miss anymore phone calls. Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-02-2014 at 05:44 PM.

Default Re: Nexus 5: Should I use Global, LTE, or 3G

This issue has been experienced before. I believe the short term fix is keeping your phone in 3G, not 4G.

Nexus 5 4.4.2
    Got sideload?

I have experienced this in Nc. Turn your phone to LTE or 3g, we had to turn our phones to 3g to make a call. We are heading to T-Mobile, I'm done with this crap...

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Ok so I'm not the only one experiencing this. OK thanks for the advice I'll give 3g a shot. I wonder if this bug will be addressed via update or it is a hardware issue.

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts

Did you buy your phone from Sprint or from Google? If you bought from Google then switch to AT&T, much better coverage and LTE speed. I'm on AT&T and I'm not having any problems liek you describe except when I inadvertently silence the ringer (which is pretty easy to do with this phone).
    Thanked by:
    Jaramie10 likes this.

What's funny is that I decided to try a pretty paid account with T-Mobile and all the issues with the phone went away. I now have voicemail notifications, better battery life, crystal clear voice quality, and blazing speeds.

I left Sprint a little over a year ago when i started to have the same issue with my GS3 and then my EVO LTE.
    It wasnt a phone issue but rather their Vision Network upgrades that was causing it. Ive also read on other device forums that its happening to other Sprint customers. Missing calls seems to be on the rise. Hope they get it fixed.