Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

Default Nexus 5: Strange find, regarding battery drainage fix...

Like many others out there, I also had a sudden change in my battery behaviour.
    A few days ago, my battery started to drain from like 1/1,5% per hour (talking about not touching the device here) to a drastic 8%...

I've tried several things, from switching off location sensors, turning off Google Now, etc, etc.
    But nothing seems to work for me.

- This morning I decided to switch the runtime mode from ART back to Narvik, and back to ART again.
    Don't ask me why, but for some reason my battery is back to 1/1,5% drainage again --> very odd, but for me it worked.

I hope it solves the battery issue for some other people as well.
    "Do not go where the Path may lead, go instead where there is no Path and leave a Trail"

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Strange find, regarding battery drainage fix...

Quote Originally Posted by Dx3me View Post
    Like many others out there, I also had a sudden change in my battery behaviour.
    A few days ago, my battery started to drain from like 1/1,5% per hour (talking about not touching the device here) to a drastic 8%...

I've tried several things, from switching off location sensors, turning off Google Now, etc, etc.
    But nothing seems to work for me.

- This morning I decided to switch the runtime mode from ART back to Narvik, and back to ART again.
    Don't ask me why, but for some reason my battery is back to 1/1,5% drainage again --> very odd, but for me it worked.

I hope it solves the battery issue for some other people as well.
    If I recall switching will rebuild the cache. So essentially, it's like clearing the cache for your Apps, where the problem could be located. Not saying that the issue will return, but could if the App or service causing the problem is used. If this is not the case, someone please jump in and correct me.

In the future, you can check to see what programs are running and using battery via the battery stats. Eliminate the Apps that appear to be in use when not supposed to be.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

Default Re: Strange find, regarding battery drainage fix...

I get your point, but that's not it... because I haven't changed, added or changed any settings within any app during these last few days, the battery just decided to change it's drainage for some odd reason.
    But having switched run modes to Narvik and back to ART again seem to have solved the whole thing for me.
    "Do not go where the Path may lead, go instead where there is no Path and leave a Trail"