What to Buy

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Why July? The Nexus 5 came out in November. In July you are likely to still have the same options.....

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Should I get the Nexus 5 in July of 2014 or wait for the Nexus 6/Project Ara.
Depends on how long you are comfortable waiting.

I would not expect the Nexus 6 till at least October, and maybe not at all (Google has implied they may end the Nexus line). Project Ara will probably not be here till the end of the year if that, and even then it is going to be an early-adopter technology. It will almost certainly have stability issues.

I would not wait unless you are ok buying a non-Nexus devices like and S5 or the new HTC phone. There is nothing Nexus-like on the horizon in the near future.

- - - Updated - - -

I would wait for 6 if you plan to buy one in july.

There is zero chance of a nexus 6 in July. It's not going to happen.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
- - - Updated - - -

There is zero chance of a nexus 6 in July. It's not going to happen.

I think he's saying: "If you aren't planning to buy until July, you might as well wait until the next Nexus since it will only be about 3 months after that when it will possibly be released." Not that the Next Nexus will be released in July.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Should I get the Nexus 5 in July of 2014 or wait for the Nexus 6/Project Ara.

The Nexus 5 is still going to be a great phone by that time, but if you don't mind waiting a few more months, you could probably get a better device in the Moto X2 or the Nexus 6

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
The Nexus 5 is so good I wouldn't hesitate to buy it...even in July. Its not like you are in a contract. If I needed a phone I would still choose it. If and when the N6 comes out I would probably get that as well and either use the N5 as a spare or sell it.

This is just me but there isn't anything the N5 doesn't have that I even care about. Its a great phone. With great instantly upgradable software. If Google keeps puting out phones this good I'll continue to support them as much as I can. I hate to think of the day when I have to go back to the compromises of a carrier phone.

I'm sure I am alone in my opinion...but I am not sure the N6 will even be as good as the N5! They might decide to go back to 16GB for all we know. Or do some other cost saving measure. Including not making it at all, which may leave us with the N5 as the last great pure G phone. Its the only phone I still get excited about.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1