- 03-04-2014, 12:58 PM #2
- 03-04-2014, 01:29 PM #4
- 03-04-2014, 04:03 PM #5
Re: What to Buy
I would not expect the Nexus 6 till at least October, and maybe not at all (Google has implied they may end the Nexus line). Project Ara will probably not be here till the end of the year if that, and even then it is going to be an early-adopter technology. It will almost certainly have stability issues.
I would not wait unless you are ok buying a non-Nexus devices like and S5 or the new HTC phone. There is nothing Nexus-like on the horizon in the near future.
- - - Updated - - -
- 03-04-2014, 05:09 PM #6
Droid Bionic> Droid Razr Maxx> Verizon Galaxy S3> T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
- 03-04-2014, 05:11 PM #7
- 03-04-2014, 05:20 PM #8"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
Galaxy Note 4
- 03-04-2014, 07:07 PM #9
Re: What to Buy
The Nexus 5 is so good I wouldn't hesitate to buy it...even in July. Its not like you are in a contract. If I needed a phone I would still choose it. If and when the N6 comes out I would probably get that as well and either use the N5 as a spare or sell it.
This is just me but there isn't anything the N5 doesn't have that I even care about. Its a great phone. With great instantly upgradable software. If Google keeps puting out phones this good I'll continue to support them as much as I can. I hate to think of the day when I have to go back to the compromises of a carrier phone.
I'm sure I am alone in my opinion...but I am not sure the N6 will even be as good as the N5! They might decide to go back to 16GB for all we know. Or do some other cost saving measure. Including not making it at all, which may leave us with the N5 as the last great pure G phone. Its the only phone I still get excited about.N5 Black 32GB (5.1.1), N4 (5.1), iphone 5 (ios 8.1), ONE+64GB, N7(5.1.1) AT&T
- By Bonnie Lambert1 in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 35Last Post: 02-06-2015, 04:59 PM
- By dpham00 in forum VerizonReplies: 5Last Post: 06-19-2014, 11:20 PM
- By MangoPowah in forum HTC One M7Replies: 10Last Post: 03-07-2014, 10:56 PM
- By totalkimbo82 in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 3Last Post: 03-04-2014, 02:39 PM
- By atheistatic in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 03-04-2014, 10:30 AM