Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By LegalAmerican
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock 4.4.2

Default What to Buy

Should I get the Nexus 5 in July of 2014 or wait for the Nexus 6/Project Ara.

Default Re: What to Buy

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidDev01 View Post
    I would wait for 6 if you plan to buy one in july.
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock 4.4.2

Ok Thanks

Why July? The Nexus 5 came out in November. In July you are likely to still have the same options.....
    Pat

Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4

Global Posts
    2,931 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Depends on how long you are comfortable waiting.

I would not expect the Nexus 6 till at least October, and maybe not at all (Google has implied they may end the Nexus line). Project Ara will probably not be here till the end of the year if that, and even then it is going to be an early-adopter technology. It will almost certainly have stability issues.

I would not wait unless you are ok buying a non-Nexus devices like and S5 or the new HTC phone. There is nothing Nexus-like on the horizon in the near future.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    I would wait for 6 if you plan to buy one in july.
    There is zero chance of a nexus 6 in July. It's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I think he's saying: "If you aren't planning to buy until July, you might as well wait until the next Nexus since it will only be about 3 months after that when it will possibly be released." Not that the Next Nexus will be released in July.
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Thanked by:
    AndroidDev01 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    thats not what i meant!!! if he/she is to buy Nexus in july its better to wait and buy the N6 in Oct-Nov
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat

Global Posts
    8,890 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

The Nexus 5 is still going to be a great phone by that time, but if you don't mind waiting a few more months, you could probably get a better device in the Moto X2 or the Nexus 6

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Thanked by:
    AndroidDev01 likes this.

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.4 KitKat

The Nexus 5 is so good I wouldn't hesitate to buy it...even in July. Its not like you are in a contract. If I needed a phone I would still choose it. If and when the N6 comes out I would probably get that as well and either use the N5 as a spare or sell it.

This is just me but there isn't anything the N5 doesn't have that I even care about. Its a great phone. With great instantly upgradable software. If Google keeps puting out phones this good I'll continue to support them as much as I can. I hate to think of the day when I have to go back to the compromises of a carrier phone.

I'm sure I am alone in my opinion...but I am not sure the N6 will even be as good as the N5! They might decide to go back to 16GB for all we know. Or do some other cost saving measure. Including not making it at all, which may leave us with the N5 as the last great pure G phone. Its the only phone I still get excited about.
    N5 Black 32GB 4.4.4(I love this thing!!), N4 (4.4.4), iphone 5, ONE+64GB N7(4.4.4) AT&T The Nexus 5 is so fast...I just finished the internet...The ending wasn't great...