Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Using VPN when tethering

I had a Galaxy S3 on Verizon but finally just couldn't take Verizon anymore so I switched to a Nexus 5 on Aio that runs on the AT&T network. I use to use the tethering on my S3 to do work when I was on-call but that requires me to access a VPN and I did that all the time without out any problems. However, ever since I switched to my Nexus 5 I can't connect to any VPNs. Has anyone else had this problem? Do I need to do something different?

I've tried using the built-in tethering app and also tried using Fox-Fi (paid version) both do the same thing. Just as a side note Fox-Fi is what I used on the S3 and it worked perfectly.

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

Default Re: Using VPN when tethering

Seems like a bug in android 4.4 which is described in Android code issue 61948 The key comment is #7.
    The possible workaround is to go to settings --> wireless --> more --> mobile networks then set access point names to t-mobile gprs (fast) - APN protocol to IPv4 and APN roaming protocol to IPv4.

Let's see if it helps