- 8 Posts
Using VPN when tethering
I had a Galaxy S3 on Verizon but finally just couldn't take Verizon anymore so I switched to a Nexus 5 on Aio that runs on the AT&T network. I use to use the tethering on my S3 to do work when I was on-call but that requires me to access a VPN and I did that all the time without out any problems. However, ever since I switched to my Nexus 5 I can't connect to any VPNs. Has anyone else had this problem? Do I need to do something different?
I've tried using the built-in tethering app and also tried using Fox-Fi (paid version) both do the same thing. Just as a side note Fox-Fi is what I used on the S3 and it worked perfectly.
- 03-10-2014, 12:32 PM #2
Re: Using VPN when tethering
Seems like a bug in android 4.4 which is described in Android code issue 61948 The key comment is #7.
The possible workaround is to go to settings --> wireless --> more --> mobile networks then set access point names to t-mobile gprs (fast) - APN protocol to IPv4 and APN roaming protocol to IPv4.
Let's see if it helps
- By ejo1722 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 16Last Post: 01-06-2017, 02:17 PM
- By dpham00 in forum VerizonReplies: 5Last Post: 06-20-2014, 12:20 AM
- By ccpopham in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2Replies: 17Last Post: 03-27-2014, 08:52 AM
- By MacGromit in forum ASUS MeMO Pad HD7Replies: 2Last Post: 03-05-2014, 06:25 AM
- By karimos Kun in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 03-04-2014, 06:00 AM