Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    4.1.2 stock JB

Default Nexus 5: Miss notifications on Wi-Fi while asleep!

I've noticed lately that Nexus 5 won't notify emails while being asleep on wifi. Does anybody get this?

It seems like n5 drops wifi connection after being asleep for a while.. Because like for example i have to run Skype all the time and the phone is asleep and on wifi i wake it up Skype status icon appears Offline and after 5 seconds being awake the status icon turn Online. At first i though it was Skype's bug but it seems like it affects the whole OS.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-07-2014 at 12:22 PM.

Default Re: Miss notifications on Wi-Fi while asleep!

one thing to try and it will sound weird is to disable mobile data when your wifi on. see if that helps.

Go to Settings>Wi-Fi, tap Menu, then Advanced, and see how things go if you uncheck "Wi-Fi optimization."

Also, on that same menu screen, are you sure "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" is set to "Always"?
    crxssi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Go to Settings>Wi-Fi, tap Menu, then Advanced, and see how things go if you uncheck "Wi-Fi optimization."

Also, on that same menu screen, are you sure "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" is set to "Always"?
    Quote Originally Posted by skyrockett View Post
    I've noticed lately that Nexus 5 won't notify emails while being asleep on wifi. Does anybody get this?

It seems like n5 drops wifi connection after being asleep for a while.. Because like for example i have to run Skype all the time and the phone is asleep and on wifi i wake it up Skype status icon appears Offline and after 5 seconds being awake the status icon turn Online. At first i though it was Skype's bug but it seems like it affects the whole OS.
    I had this issue last night for the first time. And I have WiFi optimization set to off and keep awake during sleeping set to always.

Default Re: Nexus 5: Miss notifications on Wi-Fi while asleep!

Is either of you using a battery saving/management app? If so, that is likely your culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by N4Newbie View Post
    Is either of you using a battery saving/management app? If so, that is likely your culprit.
    I've never used one of those. And don't plan on it.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    4.1.2 stock JB

Nope, no battery optimization apps. Wi-Fi policy is to always and optimization on Off.