Nexus 5: weird screen issue

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
When i lay my nexus sideways, then go to pick it up and rotate it, the screen automatically pops on without hitting the power button. Has anyone else experienced this?

Posted via NSA Spy Van 37...... Free candy??

Last edited by a moderator:

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: weird screen issue.

I could not replicate this.

Its weird, I put it on my laptop at work, I go to pick it up, and the screen is already on. No notifications or anything. I'm not hitting the power button either. The only thing I can think of is maybe the laptop is magnetized, and it's screwing with the phone

Posted via NSA Spy Van 37...... Free candy??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

The only thing I can think of is maybe the laptop is magnetized, and it's screwing with the phone

That may be it. The N5 has a magnetic sleep/wake sensor for smartcovers, just like the N7. So if there's a magnetic field generated by the laptop, perhaps it's enough to activate the sleep/wake sensor, making the N5 think there's a smartcover that's closed. Once you pick the phone up, the magnet goes away, just as if you were opening a smartcover.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

I know weird stuff happens when my phone is on the wireless charger. It definitely sounds like a magnetic issue and nothing to worry about.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund