Switched from Lumia 925 to Nexus 5 - I have some questions

TheDarKnight

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
So I made the switch from WP after 3 years of constant replacements, bugs, OS and Apps limitations and other annoying things windows phone offers, not to mention Nokia marketing schemes. So I got the Nexus 5 and boy that phone is so powerful and amazing. I do have a couple of questions though, and hope you guys can give me some help and advice, I did some research but couldn't get a clear answer.

1) How do I add stuff to the lock screen circle thing that unlocks the phone?
2) How do I change the colors of my non Google account emails, currently they just got random colors.
3) I have day dream function on, but when I put the phone on wireless charger it won't show up. I have it set to start on charging.
4) What is a good game controller for the nexus 5, and would it work for all games? Or some games are only supported?
5) When I take a photo with the camera and swipe to see the pics it uses the Photos app. How can I set the gallery app to be the default instead.
6) Is there a way to enable WiFi calling?

Thanks in advanced!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I can answer a couple of your questions.

To add lockscreen widgets, swipe in from the left on the lockscreen, and tap the [+] icon. After entering your PIN or pattern unlock, you can then select a widget to place on a lockscreen (only one per screen). To add more, go back to the lockscreen and swipe in from the left again until you get the [+] icon again. To remove a widget, long-press it and drag it to the Remove area.

Wi-Fi calling (on T-Mobile, that is) is not available. You'd have to use some other third party solution.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Also, I don't think you can change the Photos app that's associated with the stock camera.

joselito76

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Moga bluetooth controller, only few games support it. Not Moga problem, but game developer the game need to support the controller . The one I got have to setting Control A and control B. A almost never connect B always connect, and Moga haven't answer my email about the connection issues.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
hopefully tmobile will do something about the wifi calling.

Since this is a Nexus device (stock android - no carrier "bloat"), it is unlikely that you will get that from T-mobile. But integration of Google voice app to the Hangouts app that is rumored to happen by the 2nd half of this year should allow you to make voice calls over an internet connection. It will use your google voice number instead of your regular number though.

TheDarKnight

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I just got the Moga bluetooth controller, only few games support it. Not Moga problem, but game developer the game need to support the controller . The one I got have to setting Control A and control B. A almost never connect B always connect, and Moga haven't answer my email about the connection issues.

I actually got the Moga Pro as well, I asked the folks at GameStop they recommended it for me, but from what I understand when I set it up, mode A is the most supported, they have a list of supported games in the Moga app that works with Mode A, actually when I tried Asphalt 8 with mode A it showed me my controller with button guides, f**kin awesome. anyways I am still not really sure what is mode B and if all games are HID compatible. I think I read somewhere that nexus doesn't support HID, I could be wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888