Nexus 5: HDR+ File corruption

Luce

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Having a bit of a panic here and hoping you guys can help out. I visited NYC last week and my friend and I ran into a band we enjoy. We got pictures with them however the one with them and myself got corrupted.

It has a grey background with the image of mountains and a sun over it. I am assuming it recognizes it as a picture but cant display it.

The file size is only about 9.31KB instead of about 2.21MB for a similar picture.

Running rooted 4.4.2. Stock camera app.

Hoping someone here has a suggestion on how I might be able to get this resolved. This picture means a lot to me.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: HDR+ File corruption

It does sound like it's corrupt and I don't think you can recover it. Have you checked to see if it loads on a PC?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

There are file/image recovery tools you may be able to use. Copy the file to your computer and try to open it. If you can't try an image recovery tool to see if it can work it. Otherwise it sounds like you may be out of luck :(.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Do you have photo backup enabled? If so, there is a chance that you might find an uncorrupted copy in the online backup folder.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908