Nexus 5: DOD people (you know who you are)
Ok this is for my fellow people with CAC's.
SO, I was in hangouts, i set my phone on my wallet and its started freaking out with a strange sound. Its sounds like DEEE DE DE, DE DU LOO and it repeats this until I picked my phone up.....put my phone back on my wallet, started up again. So through the process of elimination I went through my wallet and discovered that if my phone is awake and unlocked, if I put my CAC to the back of my phone it starts freaking out......any idea what is in the CAC that causes this??
- 03-09-2014, 04:56 PM #2
- 3,184 Posts
Re: Nexus 5: DOD people (you know who you are)
You have NFC enabled on your phone and something in your wallet which has an embedded NFC chip. When the two come into close proximity, the phone signals that it has read an NFC chip's contents.
What is a "CAC"? If it is a European credit or debit card, then it almost certainly contains an NFC chip. If you don't use the Nexus 5's NFC capability at all, go to Settings -> More and uncheck the NFC option.
- 03-09-2014, 08:02 PM #3
- 03-10-2014, 01:04 AM #5
- 03-10-2014, 07:16 PM #6
- By heading4tomorrow in forum Samsung Galaxy S II SkyrocketReplies: 4Last Post: 05-04-2014, 10:03 PM
- By Sanjay Chandra in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 56Last Post: 04-05-2014, 03:21 PM
- By Jalopiejoe in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 23Last Post: 03-13-2014, 12:11 AM
- By Signtist in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 5Last Post: 03-09-2014, 01:47 PM
- By angry english in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1Replies: 2Last Post: 03-08-2014, 08:54 PM