Nexus 5 for HTC one?

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I have offer to give my HTC one for new Nexus 5 (my HTC is used, but little and to ne fair, it's new). Should I do this? Is Nexus an upgrade?

Live long and prosper!

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Google Nexus 5 vs HTC One

They are really close, either decision is probably fine.

Nexus has google's brand behind it, a larger screen and a promise of quick upgrade
HTC One has a more colorful screen, a longer battery life, and a HTC bran behind it (is it a good thing? who knows)

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Have both and my daily driver is still the HTC One! Its a device thats been very hard to replace! But in the end it really depends on your needs and taste. I'd go with what works best for you! Do you have access to play with them both?

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Google Nexus 5 vs HTC One

They are really close, either decision is probably fine.

Nexus has google's brand behind it, a larger screen and a promise of quick upgrade
HTC One has a more colorful screen, a longer battery life, and a HTC bran behind it (is it a good thing? who knows)

Have to disagree here. I have both but since I got the N5 I rarely use the One. The screen is noticeably smaller, I find the display on the N5 to be more colorful than the One and the One has terrible ergonomics whereas the N5 is easy to use one handed and much faster and smoother.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I have offer to give my HTC one for new Nexus 5 (my HTC is used, but little and to ne fair, it's new). Should I do this? Is Nexus an upgrade?
Definitely.

The only thing the One does better is the Stereo speakers. But at the very least, you will be getting OS updates long after HTC has forgotten about the One. Nexus 5 also has a faster CPU and significantly better camera. I like the on-screen buttons of the nexus much better as well. The Nexus will have a brighter display that is easier to see in sunlight.

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for saying that, but still no decision here. Loved N4... Still I'm looking for phone to stick with for at least a year... Need to read more. But more I read, more I'm confused... :( one say one one say Nexus...

Live long and prosper!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for saying that, but still no decision here. Loved N4... Still I'm looking for phone to stick with for at least a year... Need to read more. But more I read, more I'm confused... :( one say one one say Nexus...

Live long and prosper!
Remember, comments and opinions are subjective. You really need to try both devices and see which fits your needs. Both devices will get you through the next year without any problems. But you want to be comfortable with your selection especially if you won't be able to purchase a replacement within that time.

ackyash

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm, with all the problems (especially speakerphone coming on by itself while making calls)
I have been facing on my One after upgrading to 4.4.2 , you ought to get the nexus 5 over the One.

Good luck

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, with all the problems (especially speakerphone coming on by itself while making calls)
I have been facing on my One after upgrading to 4.4.2 , you ought to get the nexus 5 over the One.

Good luck

I don't have that problem, and I'm on 4.4.2.

Live long and prosper!

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
People keep using price point as pros for Nexus. My question is, someone is giving Nexus 5 and htc one for free, which to take?

Live long and prosper!

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
People keep using price point as pros for Nexus. My question is, someone is giving Nexus 5 and htc one for free, which to take?

Live long and prosper!

I would say nexus 5 but I hate HTC phones (came from using Samsung phones the s2, s3, s4 and maybe s5) and despise HTC sense and the new blinkfeed thing. I'll also take naked android and faster updates over HTC one sense ui and slower updates + less of them most likely

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all, just got my new nexus 5. Thanks for your time and knowledge.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie