Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By korab84
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 5 - Google Plus and Hangout chat not working

Hi all ,

I bought Nexus 5 around 2 months back from USA. I am currently in India using Vodafone network (3 G).

I am facing this real weird issue . I can login to google plus and Hangout chat when on wi fi mode. But when I switch to mobile data mode , Google plus cannot be connected as a result hangout chat also stops . Application gives an error "Could not connect to server".

I have tried clearing cache and data from Google search , play service , Google plus , hangouts and tried re-login without luck .

Can someone please help with this issue.

Thanks
    Siddhesh

Default Re: Nexus 5 - Google Plus and Hangout chat not working

Well, the Nexus 5 operates on these frequencies: GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, CDMA: Band Class: 0/1/10, WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8/19, LTE: Bands: 1/2/4/5/17/19/25/26/41

Does Vodaphone India have any of these frequencies on its network? And do you have a data plan with them?
    srkmagnus likes this.

Global Posts
    9,464 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I would also double check to see what your carrier operates on and make sure the Nexus 5 variant you have is supported. That's likely the problem and the model Nexus 5 you have won't work. There are two Nexus 5 variants available: North America and everywhere else.

2 things.
    Since you know for sure goolge hangouts works on WiFi and not on cellular, i would check,
    1 - make sure your data is working properly on cellular. Check the APN. You dont mention if data works with other apps or if it works and just NOT with google.
    2 - If you do have valid data with other apps on 3g and google still doesnt work its possible its being blocked in your country or by your provider.